By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2007 was the best xbox line up ever.

TheSting said:
OneKartVita said:

In my opinion those games are better too and they'll be remembered by gamers far more fondly too.  Do you disagree? 

Have you played TR or H5? Or any of the games MS is touting as the best lineup? 

Yes I've played every game in that line up.  2007 and 2015. Tomb raider is by far the best exclusive of this year.  By far. 

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Well it had Lost Odyssey so it probably was.

Oh sheeeeeeeit. How could I forget the japanese exclusives xbox had.  This ain't even a debate no more. 2007 will always be the best. 

The first Mass Effect and Bioshock are highly overrated and so is Halo 3. PGR 4 was pretty good but Forza Motorsports 6 is a lot better. Plus Rise of the Tomb Raider is actually a very good sequel from everything I have heart. So I would rather play FM6 or Rise of the Tomb Raider then any of the 360 games. The best 360 game from 2007 is actually Lost Odyssey.

OneKartVita said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Well it had Lost Odyssey so it probably was.

Oh sheeeeeeeit. How could I forget the japanese exclusives xbox had.  This ain't even a debate no more. 2007 will always be the best. 

Yeah, rather play that or Forza Motorsports 2 (should have been on your list 90/100 metascore) then any of the games you listed although PGR4 is actually pretty good also but FM2 is better and has a higher replay value since it has a lot more cars and customization then PGR4.

OneKartVita said:
Chazore said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

This is a weak argument and assumes that whatever tops Metacritic is factually superior.

Factually, based on peoples opinions LOL.

Some users on this site and die hards seem to soley rely on Metacritic scores alone to tell a good game and back up their opinions, it's pretty depressing.

I can my opinion either.  2007 had a great PGR.  This year had forza for the nth time.  I wonder what would be preferred this year.  A new PGR or a new forza?  PGR wins all day long.  

2007 had an epic halo vs this year's mediocre by series standards.  Halo 3 wins.  

2007 had the game of the year Bioshock which was an epic.  This year xbox had what,  old games re-released?  Bioshock wins.  

2007 had mass effect.  An epic rpg vs this year's fable legends thats not going to even release this year.  Mass effect wins.  

I don't actually believe you guys think this year is better than 2007 for the xbox.  That year was just so good.  This year was a bit meh.

Nothing against PGR but Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsports are two superior franchises.  Even Forza Motorsports 5 which lacked a lot of content has a higher replay value then any of the PGR games.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Jega said:

Never before has Gears of war, Fable, Halo, and Forza launched in the same time period and add tomb raider to that list. 5 big franchises in The same time period. That has never happened before in Xbox history. That is what Microsoft is saying. It truly is the greatest holiday line-up in Xbox history.

Fable never launched,  halo 5 is a lot worse than halo 3 and PGR was the forza of that year.  Gears is a 360 game re released.  

Add to that the game of the year 2007 Bioshock and mass effect and you've an infinitely better year.  No re releases in 2007 either. 

Nope the Forza for that year was Forza Motorsport 2 (90/100 metascore) its a better game then PGR 4 and its only the fourth best Forza game on the 360 since FM3, FM4, and Forza Horizon are better games.  Also even though its nowhere as good as its X1 counterpart contend and graphics wise the 360 port of Forza Horizon 2 is better then PGR4.

Chris Hu said:
OneKartVita said:

Yeah, rather play that or Forza Motorsports 2 (should have been on your list 90/100 metascore) then any of the games you listed although PGR4 is actually pretty good also but FM2 is better and has a higher replay value since it has a lot more cars and customization then PGR4.

Holy shit now could I forget.  2007 had forza Motorsport 2!! The year just keeps getting better and better.  I don't think it'll ever be topped.  

I wish I could go back and appreciate that year more because at the time I definitely didn't. 

At the time of its release Forza Motorsports 2 was pretty good but then Forza 3 and 4 and Horizon came along and they where a lot better.  Having to chose on of three regions at the beinging of FM2 was a pretty dumb idea I'm glad that concept didn't make it into any other Forza games its almost as bad as the random used car dealships that are in GT2, GT4 and GT5.

OneKartVita said:
Chris Hu said:

Holy shit now could I forget.  2007 had forza Motorsport 2!! The year just keeps getting better and better.  I don't think it'll ever be topped.  

I wish I could go back and appreciate that year more because at the time I definitely didn't. 

Another 2007 360 game I rather play then any of the games you listed is Crackdown even though it metascore is slightly lower 83/100.  Its a lot more fun then either Mass Effect or Bioshock plus it has multiplayer co op mode.

Chris Hu said:

At the time of its release Forza Motorsports 2 was pretty good but then Forza 3 and 4 and Horizon came along and they where a lot better.  Having to chose on of three regions at the beinging of FM2 was a pretty dumb idea I'm glad that concept didn't make it into any other Forza games its almost as bad as the random used car dealships that are in GT2, GT4 and GT5.

You judge the games on the time they released.  

It's like saying San andreas was shit because by today's standards it would be.  

Or ratchet and clank is better than crash bandicoot.  Not for the time it wasn't and that's what counts.  

Otherwise you'd say,  sorry Microsoft your 2015 line up is shit because in 20 years the games won't be good anymore.