By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion: Was the Gamecube better than the Wii

No. GameCube was badass, but Wii was literally like a GameCube with more cool stuff coming with it.

TBH I liek The name nintendo revolution more than Wii, even now I don't really carefore it, while game cube was like its a cube can play games on fucking amazing.

Gamecube was not a dorky purple lunchbox, its was a cube of awesomness, totally made it easy to transport too

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Game-wise? Yep. Though the Wii wins on Mario games.

Hmm hard to say, but I would say Gamecube edges out a bit more than the Wii, but this might be reflection of my tastes. For Example N64 edges out the Gamecube and Snes edges out N64. Same with Sony consoles, given the PS4 is pushing upwards over the PS3 (might help that I don't own the twin console this time around).

The only trend I saw go upwards is that I enjoyed 3DS a bit more than my DS which I enjoyed loads more the GBA and GB/GBC.

It was a cube of power!

Wii was much better in my opinion.
Way better and more exciting software on Wii.
Much more versatile and usable controls. Because let's be real, the Gamecube controller was garbage for most games due to its terrible button configuration, micro d-pad, and awkward triggers.
Way better features like Miis, Nintendo Channel, Virtual Console, WiiWare.
Overall far more exciting and successful, the Gamecube was a joke in its time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Of course the Wii since it could play all my Wii and Gamecube games, plus it had upgraded versions of Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4.

No way. The Wii was a lot better. I grew up with the Gamecube and Wii. I loved the Wii much more. I am still buying Wii games this day but I stopped collecting Gamecube games awhile ago (And I have a lot more Wii games compared to Gamecube games). The Wii did almost everything better than the Gamecube.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Wii could play GC games so its technically the same. But im still gonna say GC. It had better 3rd party games, better first party games. A controller that was actually useful for most genres. Thats just me

GC was MUCH better. imo

Nintendo totally abandoned all but casual gamers with the Wii. They are doing much better with the Wii U imo

GameCube had the best of everything. When you stack the first and third party franchises it was lots more quantity than the Wii. More quality too. The overall experience of the Gamecube was miles better for my enjoyment. It brought back Wave Race, Metroid; changed Zelda for ever, enlarged mario64's open world; had cute little discs; it's very special.

Wii didn't provide me with much. There were good experiences to be had like pointer controls in Scarface; Wii Fit is still used in my house till this day it's so good; Punch-Out!! Wii is the best use of motion controls ever conceived; Virtual Console is amazing.

Wii does have Gamecube bc but it's not the same experience as having a gamecube hooked up. The only thing that truly sucks about GameCube is the lack of proper 480p. I owned the official RGB cable and it stretched the video out. I think the Wii BC stretched the GC video too but I'm not sure.