By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: People is picking Amiibos in the wrong way (as collectable items)

I told you...

Agree, it's just DLC 36 39.13%

No, he is lying 19 20.65%

The world is a lie 19 20.65%

Amiibo Festival FTW 17 18.48%

Total:91

Honeatly, whatever DLC aspect it has is extremely minimal. I mean I have close to 20 of them and I've only used half of them for games like Smash, MK8, Kirby, and Hyrule Warriors.
And until there's a real purpose to them besides collectables, like a Disney Infinity/Skylanders type game but for Amiibo. The main reason theyre being bought is for collectable purposes.
Hell, I even bought a basic Mario amiibo for my 3 year old little brother who has yet to pick up and play a video game in his life. (I'm working on it though. ;))

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

What is wrong with amiibo being bought for the figurine? Some of those are really well done, specially the cartoony ones. The money goes to Nintendo's pockets anyway, so what's the problem?

In fact, Nintendo needs to improve the packaging, I don't want to open the case to use the amiibo, it looks too good, it's such a waste.

Because they're LQ figurines (not bad for the cost though). People need to hop on AmiAmi and how lovely and well crafted figures can be.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I just like the way some of them look. I'm not a fan of the ones that have cheap supports holding them up though. I like the ones without supports. Who the hell doesn't want to look at a Yoshi just chillen there in the entertainment stand?

Please change is to are in the title.

At least they are physical DLC always to be aviable in future Life, there is even a everdrive ammibo worked on because its offline based dlc

Pavolink said:
Cream147 said:

Bear in mind that Nintendo are not selling any version of Amiibo Festival without Amiibos, so DLC wouldn't be the right word to describe the Isabelle and Digby amiibos in that game.

If I want to play with another, let's say, 2 characters more?

Only the first player needs an amiibo to play the game. Additional players, who have no amiibo can use the villager characters. The main game is fully playable with the 2 included amiibos. However some (two IIRC) of the seperate minigames require 6 Amiibo Cards and there are only 3 Amiibo Cards included in the game.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
oniyide said:

Instead of just doing DLC like a normal company they wanna attach it to figures and are perplexed when no one is using it as DLC. Classic

I don't think you can really say this is "different" when Activision, Disney, and LEGO are all doing more or less the same thing with their lines of figurines.

but those are for a specific game. They are tied to each other, it doesnt work without each other. Anyone buying those knows that. Now the way Ninty approached it is worse. I own Smash but do i really want to spend 15 on a figure with DLC of a costume? Not really and i imagine most people feel the same otherwise Ninty wouldnt bring it up. And how much people have a Wii U to even use the DLC. Hell you need a NEW 3ds to even use amiibo for that, and how many people own that?

oniyide said:
noname2200 said:

I don't think you can really say this is "different" when Activision, Disney, and LEGO are all doing more or less the same thing with their lines of figurines.

but those are for a specific game. They are tied to each other, it doesnt work without each other. Anyone buying those knows that. Now the way Ninty approached it is worse. I own Smash but do i really want to spend 15 on a figure with DLC of a costume? Not really and i imagine most people feel the same otherwise Ninty wouldnt bring it up. And how much people have a Wii U to even use the DLC. Hell you need a NEW 3ds to even use amiibo for that, and how many people own that?

That's false.

hentai_11 said:
oniyide said:

That's false.

So, I have to spend even more money...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
hentai_11 said:

That's false.

lol exactly! I mean i stand corrected, but who is really trying to jump through these kinds of hoops? how many people even know this exists? Cause i sure as hell didnt

oniyide said:
Pavolink said:

lol exactly! I mean i stand corrected, but who is really trying to jump through these kinds of hoops? how many people even know this exists? Cause i sure as hell didnt

And then, there's the worrisome part:

"our amiibo figurines are not the DLC we expect and nobody  finds value on them... let's lock more content in it!"

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile