By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At this rate, Zelda X will arrive in 2021

People will get tired of waiting. just like they got tired of waiting for GTA5.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

And again GTAV become one of the most popular and best selling games ever.

Miyamotoo said:
bananaking21 said:

And again GTAV become one of the most popular and best selling games ever.

I'd be fine with a home-console Zelda about every three years.

I need time in between them to get the craving again, and the handheld games come out inbetween the main entries too, so a two-year cicle would be too short imo, basically making it a yearly franchise. I don't wan't that fatigue with Zelda.

I expect their developement cicle to speed up, once they got used to HD developement, though so the next Zelda ight not take five years to develop.

The Zelda team has made other games within those 5 years. They made A Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes.

There's a reason why we don't see many other developers make Zelda-type games on consoles. They really are time consuming and cost a lot to make. Expecting multiple console Zelda games in a single generation would be like expecting multiple 3D GTA games in a single generation. It is possible but almost unlikely. This is a major reason why first person shooters became a norm in the industry. Not only do they sell and appeal to a wide variety of people, but they're also far easier to make. There's a lot less to deal with. No camera controls and angles, fewer animations. The overall game design isn't as complex either.

I can now see why Shigeru Minamoto had originally wanted Ocarina of Time to be played from a first person perspective. I think even back then, he understood hot complicated future development on Zelda games would be.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Jon-Erich said:
The Zelda team has made other games within those 5 years. They made A Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes.

There's a reason why we don't see many other developers make Zelda-type games on consoles. They really are time consuming and cost a lot to make. Expecting multiple console Zelda games in a single generation would be like expecting multiple 3D GTA games in a single generation. It is possible but almost unlikely. This is a major reason why first person shooters became a norm in the industry. Not only do they sell and appeal to a wide variety of people, but they're also far easier to make. There's a lot less to deal with. No camera controls and angles, fewer animations. The overall game design isn't as complex either.

I can now see why Shigeru Minamoto had originally wanted Ocarina of Time to be played from a first person perspective. I think even back then, he understood hot complicated future development on Zelda games would be.

They also made WW HD.

Jon-Erich said:

?

6th gen: GTA3, GTA: SA

7th gen: GTA4, GTA5

Nintendo needs to follow the N64 Twins formula. After a Zelda that takes an eternity to make, use the engine, assets and everything you can reuse without being cheap and make a direct sequel in 2-3 years. After that, you can take five years again, but at least have two big Zeldas per generation.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I hope Nintendo realises that a 2021 release date for Zelda X wouldn't be ideal!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I agree it's taking a long time, but it still isn't the longest time we ever went without a console Zelda: ALttP to OoT was 7 years (6 outside Japan). With only one handheld game a year after ALttP. So that's reassuring.

3 or 4 years between the primary games would be ideal though, with the smaller secundairy entry in between.