By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At this rate, Zelda X will arrive in 2021

SJReiter said:
I've come to accept that 5 years is the new norm between home console Zeldas. I do wish they made more, but I don't know, in some ways it is kind of nice that it takes so long. It makes each game seem that much more memorable and impactful. I would hate a day when they made a new Zelda ever 2 years or so and they all sort of blended together. That wouldn't be cool.

Every 2 years would be a bit too often but every 3-4 would be ideal. They could have 2D & 3D Zelda titles staggered every 2 years. For example

3D Zelda-2016

2D Zelda-2018

3D Zelda-2020

2D Zelda-2022

U get the point.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Zelda X? Is that a new Zelda game, did you get invited to a secret Nintendo direct no one else know about?

As in, the next mainline Zelda after the 2016 one, presumably for NX. 

I dunno if waiting 5 years each for each new Zelda is a good thing, but as long as they have a steady line of games to fill the wait, I don't think it is an issue. Besides, there were other new Zelda games, like Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes. LBW was an amazing game, so I think other Zeldas besides a console one should be fine : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Zelda games take quite awhile to make, we usually get things like handheld games to help shorten the wait time.

I will say that I am hoping that Nintendo doesn't plan to constantly make remakes as a way to buffer the wait.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

For next console Zelda im ok with a smaller game like ww

Around the Network

Nintendo need to hire a "B" team, to do every other zelda title, if they re going to spend 5 years on each project.
So we can get a new zelda every 2.5 years.

BasilZero said:
Zelda X? Is that a new Zelda game, did you get invited to a secret Nintendo direct no one else know about?

Maths... X just represents a variable, it could be whatever.

And yes its understood by Zelda X, that he just means whatever name, the newest zelda after the Zelda U for the wii u, is called.

Hes basically saying it takes nintendo on avg 5 years between releases, so after 2016 releases Zelda U, the next one wont be out until 2021.

JRPGfan said:
Nintendo need to hire a "B" team, to do every other zelda title, if they re going to spend 5 years on each project.
So we can get a new zelda every 2.5 years.

Well, both Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D were developed by Grezzo, a hired team. Hyrule Warriors was developed by Tecmo, under Aonuma's supervision, and they are also doing the 3DS port I believe. For Twilight Princess HD they hired Tantalus, an Australian developer that made some good Wii U ports of third party games. That's it, the only game Zelda Team (EAD3 I believe) made was A Link Between Worlds. 

EDIT: Not sure about WWHD, but it only took 6 months to make anyway.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

zorg1000 said:
This is a huge reason why Zelda U needs to be cross-gen.

I hope its crossgen 

who knows

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I don't think that Zelda U development time need to be pattern for future Zelda development time, because this gen is very strange for Zelda series. First Zelda U is first HD Zelda game, then it will be biggest and true open world Zelda, also Nintendo managed so many Zelda projects this gen while they working on Zelda U, OoT 3DS, WW HD, ALBW, MM 3DS, Tri Force, TP HD...you can say that some ports were made by different companies but Nintendo in some way certainly was involved in development, and all that certanly affected Zelda U devolpment. Also there are good chances that Zelda U port for NX affected development and launch of Zelda U.

With NX there will no be need for completely different Zelda games separate for handheld and home console, they can develop or port one game in same time for both devices, also Nintendo is now very familiar with HD development. Saying all that I can see new Zelda NX in 2019/2020.

But if Nintendo decide to pull again what they done with MM after OoT, and reuse Zelda U engine, assets and models for new Zelda NX we could have new Zelda game in 2018/2019. And I think there are good chances for something like that to happen.