By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - StarFox Wii: The Possible E3 Announcement?

Well, I was thinking about my favorite series of all gamin: StarFox and about my favorite game: StarFox 64 and how the series has come to develop throughout the years.

After StarFox 64 we had a great and enertaining game, StarFox Adventures. It let you, for the first time, play as Fox in an adventure mode, (no, multiplayer on the N64 version doesn't count...) aswell as use yourAwring and Landmaster in combat. The game was great. I very much enjoyed it. Great graphics, great gameplay, excellent story it even introduced us to a great new member to the series, Krystal.

Then cam StarFox Assault. A game I was waiting for because they had announced you would finally play Fox in the air, based more on the gameplay of StarFox 64, yet leaving you with foot battle aswell. The game was solid, with a good replay value, but it lacked a certain spark, I have no idea what, that the N64 verion had. The graphics were great, spectacular even, very colorful, but I noticed minor details i reallycouldn't overcome, for example, Wolf helping Fox out, no rumble when your Arwing came in contact with other objects, the screen didn't move when you came in contact with an object,  (remember on the N64 version when you crashed, the screen moved dramatically, turned red and the sound was great, it was as if you were actually in the Arwing itself!) it was pretty much a remake of StarFox 64 but with better graphics and a DIFFERENT final boss (come-on, Andross is like the Bowser of the Mario Series) and the fact that the Great Fox wasn't the Great Fox anymore, it was an entirely new ship. Sure, it loked futuristic and all but, come on! The original is a classic and should stay that way, it has made its way from StarFox 64 to al three Smash Games as an AMAZING stage for some reason, hasn't it?. Overall it was a good game but not a game that I would call on my top list. Just good, thats it.

Now we have the HORRENDOUS mistake of a game... StarFox Command. From AWFUL character designs;

(Krystal's head size, thank you very much and Fox's Bell-Head doesn't help)

to a storyline with various endings, this game was a big no no, and is what you get for letting someone random to deveop it. I won't even bother going on about this game, those who played it know how bad it was.

Now, StarFox Wii. A game that Shigeru Miyamoto showed intrest in developing back in 2006 when he talked about this game and its controls with the Wii-Mote and also about Mario Galaxy. He should be the one developing the Nintendo Series games, he should be the only one developing StarFox Wii. Not anyone else.

Imagine if he did to Starfox Wii what he did to Mario Galaxy gameplay-wise, graphics-wise and story-wise. He is a true mastermind and the #1 game developer. Imagine going through the Asteroid Belt at great speeds, controling the Arwing with your Wii-Mote, graphics like Mario Galaxy (that "glowish" look would be perfect!), a story involving the almighty Andross and the boss once again, encountering StarWolf's team and their new ships in an all-out battle, defeating NEW enemies... The possibilities are truely endless.

This is why, if I'm (we) lucky enough, StarFox Wii will be the title that gets announced this upcoming E3 and will be done by no other than Shigeru Miyamoto himself.

Tell me what you think, tell me if you share the same thoughts as me or if you have new ideas for the game.

Thanks,

Pete

P.S. Just for laughs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3oGylkA2S4

Around the Network

Yea I hope they announce it at E3 to ...back to on-rail like StarFox 64 with multiple story branching. Hopefully they will include online battle with Arwings and Landmaster tanks. No more on feet battles !!!!

Ofcourse! Online battle! That will be fantastic! Heck, just imagine something like Brawl, Co-op battles, online VS matches... As I said, the possibilities are ENDELESS.

Edit: NVM

360 Tag - narfwack

I really REALLY hope this game is a rail shooter.

On-foot missions make baby Mario cry. :(

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

I think Starfox assault was the weakest link in that chain (adventures wasnt far behind). Command at least had entertaining gameplay and accurate and smooth controls. Assaults gameplay was just horrible........

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

The Good Years

StarFox
StarFox 64

The Bad Years

StarFox Adventures
StarFox Assault
StarFox Command

As long as StarFox Wii doesn't suck like the last, three StarFox games, then I will be happy.

hope it's announced but I think the ann. at E3 will most likely be animal crossing

^^ Starfox Command is actually pretty good. No ground or tank missions; just a whole lot of air combat, combined with a fun strategic element. I honestly have no idea why it was rated as low as it was.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I'm still betting that it is either carnival games 2 or wii wanking