By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - StarFox Wii: The Possible E3 Announcement?

I think if they do make it, the only thing they need to add is co-op.

Imagine the main story missions, where instead of flying with 3 other computer characters your with 3 other real people.

I would be in heaven.

Around the Network

Heh, I would very much enjoy a new Pikmin, but it doesn't really fit (as far as I'm concerned) into the "hardcore" category as Reggie announced.

I see this "appealing casuals and hardcores" as a StarFox title, or in this case a Zelda title would also fit in, or who knows, a whole new design, Shigeru said, when the Wii was announced, that he had plans of making a new character, Olimar being his last.

Wait you want Miyamoto to do to StarFox what he just did with Mario and Galaxy?

;p lol! You said you wanted a classical style StarFox game, in which way was Mario Galaxy a classical Mario game?

Miyamoto is great at innovating and creating amazing new master piece IP's. He is not one to bring you a classical style game he is the guy who takes the classic throws it in a blender and creates something new and unique. I know since Mario took place in Space, StarFox should take place in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Now I'm not trying to insult Miyamoto just saying he is hardly the only person with the ability to create a new great StarFox game. I actually can think of numerous developers who I feel would be up to the task and do a great Job!  Listed from who i think would make the best StarFox game to who would make the worst (Top 5)

1.Factor5

2.NintendoEAD Kyoto

3.NamcoBandai

4.Nintendo EAD Tokyo

5.RetroStudios

Factor5 - in my opinion is the best suited studio to bring us a new StarFox game. Why do I believe this? Well Factor5's work on the StarWars:RogueSquadron series showed that the company is one of the best if not the best fighter game developer. If Factor5 had alot of freedom with StarFox they could create something so unique , visually stunning with gameplay of the RogueSquadron series! It would be amazing!

Nintendo EAD Kyoto - Nintendo's best internal studio in my opinion, is best suited out of Nintendo's internal developers to make a new StarFox game. With a history of creating solid sequels to past Nintendo hits maintaining such a high quality standard. Nintendo EAD Kyoto is right inline to make a killer StarFox game!

NamcoBandai - NamcoBandai did a smash up job in bringing us the GameCube StarFox:Assual. Yes the game didn't have the classical flare but it did manage to bring all of StarFox past gameplay types into one place. NamcoBandai did a great job in creating a true StarFox experiance!

Nintendo EAD Tokyo - Not the most experianced team of developers but headed by Miyamoto himself. The studio did an amazing job bringing us Super Mario Galaxy creating a unique experiance. Nintendo EAD Tokyo is working hard tolive up to the EAD reputation but in all honesty have no track record of maintaining any themes. Every time EAD Tokyo makes a new game it is always a drastic departure from the classics. This means maybe StarFox played with Bongo's?

Retro Studios - Retro Studios made a name for itself by bringing MetroidPrime back being able to stick up to the reputation of the classics. I think that Retro Studios is probubly the fifth best developer to make a StarFox game and considering they currently are developing an unknown game for the Wii you never know!

Their you go looks good eh? 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I'll have to disagree, by giving you the most simple example:

Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. Mario 64 was an excellent game, a game any player would love to play, no doubt about it and Mario Galaxy was the game that rightfully succeeded Mario 64 as a game, he even states this himself. Mario Sunshine, while a good game and sold well, can't be compared to these two games developed by Miyamoto.

Same I see happening to StarFox, he would mix what was great in the clasic StarFox and StarFox 64, and would make of that StarFox Wii. Sure, STarFox Adventure was an AMAZING game, no doubt about it, but it fits in an entirely different genre when compared to the gameplay given in the StarFox series. StarFox Assault was an awsome game aswell, it would fit in the classical gameplay of StarFox but didn't give us what we expected. Now, this is what brings me to my last point.

The case is repeated on Mario, Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy are AMAZING, EXCELLENT games but why it this? It is because it sticks to the classical Mario gameplay and story, Mario Sunshine fixed this up a little and went on a different direction, one that wasn't too well for followers of the series.

StarFox 64 has the gamplay and story EVERYBODY wants, STarFox Assault mixed this up a little, and thus StarFox Wii would, if developed by Miyamoto, would mix what is good in StarFox 64 to bring us what we want in the possible Wii version.

Maybe its difficult to understand what I'm saying, but its just my point of view.

i hope factor 5 is making the game if the rumor is true

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

We haven`t had a decent star fox game since Starfox adventures,although it wasn`t typical starfox game but still.
I cross my fingers and hope the best

It might be a new Star Fox game, though I think that would be a bit anticlimactic if ti were the case (nothing against the idea of such a game, but Star Fox stopped being a foundation franchise a long time ago).

It seems early for a new Zelda, but Majora's Mark did come out fairly shortly after Ocarina, so maybe it's that. Personally I think it might be Wii Sports II (or More Wii Sports or whatever it'd be called), though it wouldn't quite fit the mold of appealing to both hardcore and casual gamers (though you could make the argument Wii Sports does exactly that, it's not what people think of when they think of such a game). I wouldn't mind seeing them take a slight risk and making the big game be an entirely new franchise.

Another argument could be make for it being a big Pokemon game. Since Wii has online, Nintendo can finally create a similar experience to the handheld version, and make a console game that lives up to the handhelds (funny to think of a franchise being better on handheld, huh?). In fact, now that I think about it, I think this is it--this would be the ultimate killer ap for the Wii, bigger than Brawl or SMG, possibly.

In order of likelihood:

1. Pokemon Wii
2. More Wii Sports
3. Zelda Wii
4. Star Fox Wii
5. Donkey Kong Wii (which would be AWESOME)
6. New Franchise or Animal Crossing or Pikmin

I think Retro would be the perfect studio for Star Fox Wii, actually. I think they're a vastly underutilized resource for Nintendo that could make Star Fox be a true immersive, off rails experience that'd still work well. They've proven they can do shooter/adventures well, which is what such a game could be--an Arwing based shooter/adventure.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Well, Donkey Kong Wii would be awesome if it were done right, at least. No bongos. And platforming. I liked Dongey Konga, and wouldn't mind another go round, but what I really want is Donkey Kong Country Wii, not a rhythm game.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Yes, not a rhythm game for the DK series lol. They need to make a Wii DK game. Its the right time, the time to bring the classics to the Wii, specially with the release of Smash Bros. which has altered the characters themselves, now more than ever people want a Pikmin game, a Kid Icarus game, a StarFox game, a Dokey Kong game... Hell, even a Kirby game.

Ninman said:

Why everybody is complaning about the character desgin?

How you call this:

It was the top notch on his time you smart evil, show respect for the pillars of gaming as we know

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989