By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony Need an Esport game?

Do they?

No 31 37.35%

Yes 22 26.51%

Maybe 4 4.82%

In the future 2 2.41%

It would be nice but not needed. 24 28.92%

Total:83

Why isn't racing an esport?

Around the Network

Well Gran Turismo is like the best option for Sony to make it an eSport, after all, they are partnering with FIA and all that jazz.

I think Street Fighter 5 will be synonymous with PlayStation for the foreseeable future even though it will come to PC as well.

Sony also have RIGS and Killstrain coming next year which may have esports appeal.

I think Sony is well aware of the growing importance of esports. As others have said, the partenerships with Call of Duty and Street Fighter are just the begining.

On the first party side, Sony is doing massive work to make Gran Turismo the defacto car culture spot for all digital things surrounding cars and racing. They are also trying to be the first to bring VR to the e-sports world with Riggs. These two games should crate a solid foundation for e-sports on PlayStation along with 3rd party partenerships.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

d21lewis said:
Why isn't racing an esport?

It used to be wildly popular in the 90's.. If racing was an ESport Gran Turismo would've run away with the crown long ago.

Around the Network

I don't think they need one, but having one is def a plus.

Maybe they do. I dunno if any of their games are used in competitions...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

This thread is about exclusive wise.

I just made this thread because i have been thinking about the topic all day. Some benefits that comes across my head is more exposure. 

Ok, but you aren't explaining why Sony needs an esport exclusive. What is that going to do for Sony?

Your title say's "Does Sony need an Esport game?", why would they need it? 

Competitive gaming can push units. I voted it would be nice but not needed but i just wanted to see what other thought of the idea. Also what si this RIGS i keep hearing about?

To answer the OP's questions; no.

jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

Ok, but you aren't explaining why Sony needs an esport exclusive. What is that going to do for Sony?

Your title say's "Does Sony need an Esport game?", why would they need it? 

Competitive gaming can push units. I voted it would be nice but not needed but i just wanted to see what other thought of the idea. Also what si this RIGS i keep hearing about?

And why wouldn't SFV push units? For one, most people don't play fighters on PC. And as many have said, SFV will always feature the PS4 version, Capcom doesn't even mention the PC version at all. SFV is bigger than Halo and Gears combined in terms of esports, even as a console exclusive it will push more units for PS4.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

And why wouldn't SFV push units? For one, most people don't play fighters on PC. And as many have said, SFV will always feature the PS4 version, Capcom doesn't even mention the PC version at all. SFV is bigger than Halo and Gears combined in terms of esports, even as a console exclusive it will push more units for PS4.

Im not saying stv wont push wonders. Im getting a ps4 when SFV, it will be a great game. But im talking about exclusive wise only on PlayStation platform.