By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony Need an Esport game?

Do they?

No 31 37.35%

Yes 22 26.51%

Maybe 4 4.82%

In the future 2 2.41%

It would be nice but not needed. 24 28.92%

Total:83

Well there the only company out fo the big three who dont have an esport exclusive. Nintendo ahs Super Smash Bros while Microsoft has the Halo series and Gears had an esport during the second game. So do you guys think sony needs an esport type game that's really competitive for the PlayStations. 

Around the Network

Aren't they going to have street fighter v, Rigs and GT Sport next year as well as KoF?

Already have SFV

Roronaa_chan said:
Already have SFV

On pc

SFV > All...

In Sony We Trust!

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Already have SFV

On pc

And? Every tourney etc will feature the PS4 version of SFV. Same with CoD.

And do they really need one? What is esports going to do? You don't really explain the benefits of having a esport game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

On pc

And? Every tourney etc will feature the PS4 version of SFV. Same with CoD.

And do they really need one? What is esports going to do? You don't really explain the benefits of having a esport game.

This thread is about exclusive wise.

I just made this thread because i have been thinking about the topic all day. Some benefits that comes across my head is more exposure. 

I think the benefit of having an esport game shows the "Competitiveness" in the game LIVE. And how large the player/fan base it has. And it kinda gives the professional players of the game a chance to show their skills and to gain some cash =D

And it is nice to watch these huge crowd who have the same interest as you cheering and stuff.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I believe the Rocket League pro-league is on PS4.

But if you mean a genuine 1st party exclusive E-sport, then arguably no it it doesn't, because PS4 seems to be doing very well without one. Of course Sony attempted it with PSABR, but it fell flat, albeit I really enjoyed the game. However it was bad model for a 1v1 type E-sports game, whereas SSB actually works very well

But if you mean "need" as in wouldn't it be awesome to have an E-sport based around Playstation characters, then I agree, that would be great. And indeed it's something I've thought about and I have a proposal:

In association with Hi-Rez studios, a complete re-skin of Smite to turn all of the gods into Playstation characters, and a few select 3rd party characters with strong association with PS, and redo all the maps in iconic PS themes. The game would be called Playstation Battle Arena.

And of course with major cross over between God of War and the Greek Smite pantheon some of the PSBA characters would be more or less the same as their Smite counterparts. Zeus would be GoW Zeus, Athena would be GoW Athena, Mercury could be GoW Mercury, but he could also be Crash Bandicoot, Apollo could be GOW Apollo, though I would prefer if he became Secret Agent Clank, Mercury would become GoW Hermes. But Hercules would have to be ditched for Kratos to use the Hercules skill set.

Thor would become Ratchet. Ratatoskr would become Daxter. Elena could be Neith. Ymir could be Captain Qwark. Janus could be Dr. Nefarious. Hou Yi could be Nate Drake. Vamana could be Clank.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They have RIGS which seem like a good potential eSports game