By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ono encourages Xbox One fans to buy a PS4 if they want to play Street Fighter 5

PS4...because street fighter 5 ?

No, Star Ocean 5 ! 13 3.46%

No, Nier 2. 18 4.79%

No, Shenmue 3!!! 17 4.52%

PS4, because all the jrpgs and Persona 5 116 30.85%

PS4, because the strong multigames 48 12.77%

PS4, because... 70 18.62%

see results 94 25.00%

Total:376

This was already posted, in a less click bait format.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210411&page=1#

Around the Network
WC4Life said:
celador said:
Solid advice.

Although no one will be buying a console to play SFV, far too niche.

Another one....

I've been thinking this for awhile, when was the word niche redefined in the gaming world? It's very common these days to hear shit like

Racing niche

Jrpg niche

Platformers niche

Fighting games niche

2-D games in general niche

indie niche

handheld niche

pretty much everything outside sports, open world or FPS is considered niche. It is absolutely ridiculous how people talk down these genres which have games selling in the millions. Keep up guys, keep up.

I would say 3D platformers are very niche today, while 2D platformers definitely aren't. Most JRPGs are niche outside of Japan, except for outliers like Final Fantasy, and... Final fantasy. Lol

I would ocnsider buying a PS4 if it had Okami 3 as an exclusve..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

WC4Life said:
celador said:
Solid advice.

Although no one will be buying a console to play SFV, far too niche.

Another one....

I've been thinking this for awhile, when was the word niche redefined in the gaming world? It's very common these days to hear shit like

Racing niche

Jrpg niche

Platformers niche

Fighting games niche

2-D games in general niche

indie niche

handheld niche

pretty much everything outside sports, open world or FPS is considered niche. It is absolutely ridiculous how people talk down these genres which have games selling in the millions. Keep up guys, keep up.

Most fighting games besides Smash Brother's don't sell that much anymore (less then a million) hence its pretty safe to call them niche.

gooch_destroyer said:
DeusXmachina said:

Says who? I know a lot of Sf players on Xbox and pretty much every competitive player played on Xbox.

And where are they now? 

Still on Xbox. i play with them frequently.

Fans of SF don't care about consoles they want the best version and a solid online that's why they played on Xbox. If Sony hadn't moneyhatted SF and forced everyone to play on PS everyone would still play on Xbox.

Around the Network

Haha savage

KiigelHeart said:
Only reason I would consider buying PS4 is The Last of Us at the moment, not some fighting game based on Jean Claude van Damme movie :)

Uncharted, yakuza, bloodborne...you miss so much.

MartinD said:
KiigelHeart said:
Only reason I would consider buying PS4 is The Last of Us at the moment, not some fighting game based on Jean Claude van Damme movie :)

Uncharted, yakuza, bloodborne...you miss so much.

I've played uncharted and..well let's just leave it at that. I'm not interested souls games and BB even less. But yes, you miss out when limiting yourself to only one console, no way around it. My wife won't let me have two though 😁

pbroy said:
That's awesome!!

Almost as good as the classic, "Want a PS3? Get a job" 😆

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

I always felt what Ken Kutaragi said was somewhat misconstrued.

He said, "We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else." 

Firstly, "I will work more hours" implies that one must already have a job to work more.  So he's never said to get a job like he's assuming everybody's jobless or something.  He never actually said "Want a PS3? Get a job"

When I heard the launch price of the PS3 I thought to myself that I'd have to work more if I wanted it.  And that's pretty much exactly what Kutaragi said so I didn't quite get it when people were changing the words by saying "get a job" or "get two jobs" from. 

The reality is what he said implies to us on a regular basis on purchasing expensive products that we really desire.  Was what he actually said really that wrong? Or were articles just blowing it out of proportion?  Was I missing more information to this?

That aside, I think Kutaragi's words made more sense than Don Mattrick with the 360.

Heym he's just telling them what they need to do if they want to play the game.