By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ono encourages Xbox One fans to buy a PS4 if they want to play Street Fighter 5

PS4...because street fighter 5 ?

No, Star Ocean 5 ! 13 3.46%

No, Nier 2. 18 4.79%

No, Shenmue 3!!! 17 4.52%

PS4, because all the jrpgs and Persona 5 116 30.85%

PS4, because the strong multigames 48 12.77%

PS4, because... 70 18.62%

see results 94 25.00%

Total:376
V-r0cK said:
pbroy said:
That's awesome!!

Almost as good as the classic, "Want a PS3? Get a job" 😆

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

I always felt what Ken Kutaragi said was somewhat misconstrued.

He said, "We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else." 

Firstly, "I will work more hours" implies that one must already have a job to work more.  So he's never said to get a job like he's assuming everybody's jobless or something.  He never actually said "Want a PS3? Get a job"

When I heard the launch price of the PS3 I thought to myself that I'd have to work more if I wanted it.  And that's pretty much exactly what Kutaragi said so I didn't quite get it when people were changing the words by saying "get a job" or "get two jobs" from. 

The reality is what he said implies to us on a regular basis on purchasing expensive products that we really desire.  Was what he actually said really that wrong? Or were articles just blowing it out of proportion?  Was I missing more information to this?

That aside, I think Kutaragi's words made more sense than Don Mattrick with the 360.

Well, how else do you get money? Either you get a job, rob a bank, be a trust fund baby 👶 or pretend to be a hot girl and trick guys to send you money. Out of all those, getting a job is probably what most people will need to do. 😛

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

If anything it would be for Star Ocean 4 :) But my girlfriend bought (and finally she is only playing on my Xbox One) so I will be covered when this baby will come out.

synthetic said:
DeusXmachina said:

Lmao. Troll hiding behind new account.

All tournaments are now on PS4 because Capcom requires it after they're deal with Sony. If you deny using a PS4 then you can't be part of Capcom Pro Tour.

If you check some of the biggest fighting game channels on Youtube like Yoga flame you will see that all pro players play on Xbox. Even the Japanese players.

Yet They sell moe on PS systems, and LOL at you tube, sorry still waiting for proof.....The ps3 was more popular and ps4 is because the controller is way better for fighters...Also a q uick look shows many pro players on SP systems and there were more tournies even last gen..... Unless you have proof instead of some onscure you tube reference then I suggest dropping that sad argument. Things change, xbox is way behind PS all por players have switched beifre the Street fighter deal.

PS4 dominating this gen means more hardcore gamers would be switching regardless of this deal. Unless you have a list of all pro players, and show more were on xbox, your argument is hot air.

Most fg players use fightsticks or fightpads so PS controllers don't matter.

Most tournies like EVO, CEO, Final Round etc actually were on Xbox because the PS3 version has lag even in offline.

All you have to do to see where pro players played is to check some of their online matches and like i said you can do that on Youtube and you will see that players like Poongko, Daigo, Gamerbee and pretty much every pro player were on xbox.

That being said, i never said that the fg crowd is on Xbox. I just said that there a lot of SF fans on Xbox and that true fans care about the best version not consoles. Yet the fanboy inside you sees only what it wants to see.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

Trunkin said:

I would say 3D platformers are very niche today, while 2D platformers definitely aren't. Most JRPGs are niche outside of Japan, except for outliers like Final Fantasy, and... Final fantasy. Lol

3D platformers could be said niche at the moment, however I'd say the demand is still there just not the games. Mario is always success but there is a lot of hype for Mirror's Edge and of course for a new Crash Bandicoot. There are so many jrpg's coming I gotta wonder why companies would target this so called niche-audience with such big investments. How can games like Pokemon, FF, DQ, KH, Persona, Dark Souls belong in niche-genre, those are all big sellers and behind those the 2nd tier looks strong as fuck.

For fighting games there are Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Tekken, all of those can sell in the millions.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

DeusXmachina said:
synthetic said:

Yet They sell moe on PS systems, and LOL at you tube, sorry still waiting for proof.....The ps3 was more popular and ps4 is because the controller is way better for fighters...Also a q uick look shows many pro players on SP systems and there were more tournies even last gen..... Unless you have proof instead of some onscure you tube reference then I suggest dropping that sad argument. Things change, xbox is way behind PS all por players have switched beifre the Street fighter deal.

PS4 dominating this gen means more hardcore gamers would be switching regardless of this deal. Unless you have a list of all pro players, and show more were on xbox, your argument is hot air.

Most tournies like EVO, CEO, Final Round etc actually were on Xbox because the PS3 version has lag even in offline.

All you have to do to see where pro players played is to check some of their online matches and like i said you can do that on Youtube and you will see that players like Poongko, Daigo, Gamerbee and pretty much every pro player were on xbox.

That being said, i never said that the fg crowd is on Xbox. I just said that there a lot of SF fans on Xbox and that true fans care about the best version not consoles. Yet the fanboy inside you sees only what it wants to see.

Real Talk.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

Around the Network
DeusXmachina said:
synthetic said:

PS4 is not the ps3, things change... and again I am waiting for proof, not baseless statements. Pretty much all PRO players? You named 3, again facts please.

Ps4 would be the best version, so you are not helping your argument, stop living in last gen, most already or would be moving to PS4 anyway.

WC4Life said:
DeusXmachina said:

Real Talk.

More liKE bs, Aand nothng to dfo with this gen wherre the best versions of games are not on xbox. He said they would still be on xbox...tales from his ass.

synthetic said:
DeusXmachina said:

PS4 is not the ps3, things change... and again I am waiting for proof, not baseless statements. Pretty much all PRO players? You named 3, again facts please.

Ps4 would be the best version, so you are not helping your argument, stop living in last gen, most already or would be moving to PS4 anyway.

Lmao, what do you want me to do list the names of 100+ players? Just look for online matches of any top player and you will see where they play.

PS4 version and Xbox are the same. The reason that i said most players would still be on Xbox is because not everyone has upgraded on a PS4 or has the money for a new fightstick. And if Sony was as sure as you were about everyone playing on PS4 then they wouldn't have moneyhatted the game.

P.S.: I'm still waiting for you to grow a pair and post with your true account.

lol Reminds me of 2 years ago when an interviewer asked a Square Enix executive(I believe it was Hashimoto) if Kingdom Hearts 1.5 would come to Xbox 360(Note: The game was specifically pointed out as an PS3 exclusive with "Only on PlayStation" so the question was rather....you know.) and he replied by saying you're going to have to buy a PS3. That was such a savage moment.

synthetic said:
WC4Life said:

Real Talk.

More liKE bs, Aand nothng to dfo with this gen wherre the best versions of games are not on xbox. He said they would still be on xbox...tales from his ass.

It is real, believe.

Pro players chose X360 because almost every big tournament was played on X360 and that happened because of 1 frame input lag advantage against PS3. That is all there is to it. Fighting game community always wants to play and use the best version of games, there is no platform loyalty. This should not be mixed with the question how games overall perform on different platforms. When USF4 released for PS4 it came out so buggy and with horrible input lag that even with Capcom-Sony partnership the Evo2k15 was played on X360. The pressure from Capcom-Sony to use PS4 version must have been enormous but Evo-staff knew FGC would never have accepted if the tournament had been played with a broken version of the game. In the end Capcom-Sony did not resist that decision.