By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo had to, which one?

If Nintendo was forced to merge with Sony or Microsoft, which one would it be?

Sony 281 80.98%

Microsoft 66 19.02%

Total:347

I don't know if Sony wants to join Nintendo again after that thing on 1991.

Around the Network

Nintendo and Sony sounds like a better combo than anything else, really.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nintendo enjoys their autonomy, so MS or Sony will never happen.

If Nintendo wants to join the bigger dogs in the tech game, but with their overall influence largely unchallenged, they will have to merge/become a division of Panasonic, Toshiba, or maybe even Hitachi.

If they're granted autonomy and an equal partnership (something I very much doubt) I'd say Sony. Sony first and third party support plus Nintendo first party support to that Sony-Nintendo console will kill it. But I prefer them to be independent, and I don't think they would need it in a very, very long time. It's a healthy company, at least in profits, right now, and this is maybe its worse gen and I honestly think it won't be worse than that when the NX releases.

Mr_No said:
I don't know if Sony wants to join Nintendo again after that thing on 1991.

That was 25 years ago. They've moved on.

Around the Network

I would have to say Sony. A merged console from them would be incredible.

If it had to be one of the two, I'd prefer it if they merged with Microsoft, as I like Microsoft as a company more than Sony.

I really can't think of a scenario where Nintendo, as controlling as it is of its IP, would merge with either. With that said, it would be the most dominant force in the generation its in. I want to jokingly say PC, but Microsoft has been making steps towards that. At the same time, it a Japanese company. Though Microsoft did approach them at one point.
Ultimately. Microsoft. They are the only one with the money and resources to but and support Nintendo continuously

if microsoft buy nintendo, will be dead in a few years, like every company microsoft had buyed

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

Wouldn't Nintendo just go third party rather than been bought by Sony or Microsoft. Also could Sony even afford Nintendo?