By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Tennis Ultra Smash at 61 on Metacritic

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Star fox will join this list soon

What Metacritic do you expect for it?

65-75

Around the Network

ok i read some of the reviews below 65 and WOWZER!!

I thought that they were just giving it a low score cause it was basically no evolution to the old games.

But - one stadium, no leagues, no game stats. To me this is a DEMO!! I really hope Nintendo hasn't gone all DLC to the extreme with their tier B spinoff franchises.

Honestly I would have given this game a 4 if I was a reviewer and all I got is that.

Cobretti2 said:
ok i read some of the reviews below 65 and WOWZER!!

I thought that they were just giving it a low score cause it was basically no evolution to the old games.

But - one stadium, no leagues, no game stats. To me this is a DEMO!! I really hope Nintendo hasn't gone all DLC to the extreme with their tier B spinoff franchises.

Honestly I would have given this game a 4 if I was a reviewer and all I got is that.

I was really worried that it was going to lack content. Seems like It is indeed the case. Nintendo makes smash bros, how hard Is it to use that as a template.

The reality is the nintendo is just chucking out filler now for the wii u. I wouldn't be shocked if these games were half developed and then nintendo realised that there would be no new games on the console for months on end. They need third party so that they can relax and spend more time making better games 

I don't think even Nintendo expected a high score for either Mario Tennis and Amiibo Festival. They are going to be quickly forgotten when Xenoblade X arrives.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

binary solo said:
HylianYoshi said:
 Xenoblade X is all that can help them now.

Help them do what? It's not like XCX is going to suddenly change the fortunes of Wii U even if it gets a metascore in the 90s. Just look what Splatoon hasn;t don;e for Wii U hardware sales. There is pretty much nothing Nintendo can do to help Wii U. What Nintendo can do is try to show how they've changed their approach with NX so that they will do pretty much everything better. Maybe XCX willl help with that, but that would only be a small part of What Nintendo needs to do to turn their worst failure into a decent success in the 9th generation.

I agree but, it's always good for a company to support their current fanbase even if small in number. You don't want them to pull a Sega and just dive into the next generation ala Saturn etc.

BTW, your avatar always reminds me of the Colosseum for some reason. lol

Around the Network

Honestly after seeing the AC Amiibo Festival metascore I tought it would have been 45-55 so it's even more than I expected...

It looks like this game is getting hit for not offering modes that encourage you to keep playing.

I always argued that about Mario Kart but it always gets amazing scores.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't think even Nintendo expected a high score for either Mario Tennis and Amiibo Festival. They are going to be quickly forgotten when Xenoblade X arrives.

I wont forget the disappointment that is amiibo festival until Animal Crossing NX arrives, and who knows when that'll be. >.>

Mr Puggsly said:
It looks like this game is getting hit for not offering modes that encourage you to keep playing.

I always argued that about Mario Kart but it always gets amazing scores.

1 plain arena vs. 32 tracks, do I really need to go any further than that?

Honestly wasnt expecting higher than a 60 ish score... so it scored "well enough" for what it is.

(could have scored lower easily, and no one would be up in arms about it)