By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Tennis Ultra Smash at 61 on Metacritic

Aaaaaaand another previous Wii U instant buy going on the big waiting pile.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Maybe Nintendo might add more modes in a future update.

HylianYoshi said:
Not completely awful. Still, Nintendo needs to realize that if a game doesn't need to be made in the slightest, or if it's not going to get made well, then they shouldn't make it at all. Xenoblade X is all that can help them now.

Well said. This one was an eye-roller for me when I intially heard about it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Star fox will join this list soon

vivster said:
Aaaaaaand another previous Wii U instant buy going on the big waiting pile.

How is this an instant buy and nowe it isn't? The game is clearly just a simple arcade tennis game with some fancy smash shots. You either like tennis or you don't lol.

This is the kind of score you should expect for a game like this.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Star fox will join this list soon

What Metacritic do you expect for it?

What a surprise.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm curious how previous Mario sports games have scored on Metacritic; a baseline would be helpful to know if this is truly worse than previous titles. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I thought scores in the 60-70 range were fairly standard for these types of games.

Not that the score impacts my purchase at all. It's not a game I was exactly looking forward to....but I imagine it's fun if you have a group to play with. *shrug*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Considering how Ultra Smash is content and set up wise, 61 seems generous.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well, I think that it's higher than I expected seeing gameplays of the game. It looks like a 50 game to me. Awfully bland and no charm at all. That's not the usual coming from a Nintendo game. I think they'll sort this with more acclaimed games like XCX (I'm hoping to at least a 85+) and Starfox Zero (75+).