By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's up with all the bad/mediocre exclusives on Wii U lately

maxleresistant said:

Nintendo stopped giving a shit after the release of Smash Bros. It's been pretty clear during last E3, now we are sure of it.

Sure. Zelda, StarFox, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Yoshi, Pokken, Mario Maker are just a dream.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Filler games for Starfox and Zelda delays. That is all.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

a few third party titles (essentially), a Mario Tennis game (a series which NEVER has scored that highly due to disinterest from a lot of people)? doesn't really say a lot in my opinion

when a Nintendo exclusive comes out that Nintendo actually has marketed and invested time/money in scores low then we'll talk

Quick and easy shovelware until the NX launches. It's obvious Nintendo is saving it's big guns for next year to come out of the gate strong.

I'm talking about development, not release.

Meaning that if Nintendo stopped to properly support the WiiU at the beginning of 2015, it wouldn't show in games released in april/may because they were too well into their development cycle.

So you can take out Xenoblade and Splatoon. Zelda too because well, it's zelda, and they are going to release it on NX.

That leaves Starfox, Yoshi and Mario maker, games where Nintendo is just coasting. Doing the bare minimum to be good, but are far from being great games. (And yes I played Starfox, not the whole game abviously)
And then you have Pokken, Devil's third, Mario tennis, Animal Crossing, games that are just shameful and should not have been released in their state. For Pokken, you can check on google, the reception in japan has been pretty clear.

So yeah maybe it's enough for you, but I don't feel the Nintendo quality we used to have. Also, you saw what happened during the last E3, and last week's direct. It's clear that they are in damage control and are doing the bare minimum while refocusing their efforts on the NX

Around the Network

Nintendo rushed a couple of incomplete games out the door and Rodea should have been a 2011 Wii exclusive. I heard Fatal Frame's staff was largely new and the story changed a lot across the development cycle.

Love and tolerate.

I'd love to see Nintendo brag about their industry leading Meteoritic scores now. What a year.

patronmacabre said:
Nem said:
They are all third or second party though.

So i would say, theres nothing wrong. Not every game has the conditions to be an amazing game.

I don't really buy this argument. Smash Bros., Bayonetta, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter all count as either second or third party and they are some of the highest quality Nintendo games.

The recent Animal Crossings, Tri-Force Heroes, and the new Mario Tennis are mediocre because they were made cheaply and quickly so that there would be more games this holiday season. I think they will help Nintendo in the short term with sales, but may hurt Nintendo in the long run as piles of shovelware is a detriment to Nintendo's high quality image.

But that is what i said. Not every game has the conditions to be an amazing game. Not enough resources, time or inspiration.

What i mean is... its unrealistic to think that every single Wii U game is going to be amazing.

I don't understand why Rodea is getting so thoroughly trashed.. I've been playing through the Wii U version and have been loving it.

RingoGaSuki said:
I don't understand why Rodea is getting so thoroughly trashed.. I've been playing through the Wii U version and have been loving it.

Same here.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]