By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's up with all the bad/mediocre exclusives on Wii U lately

CaptainExplosion said:
CWegzz said:
CaptainExplosion said:
Well it's understandable why OP would think that way. The media focuses too much on NINTENDO's mistakes, but not so much on mistakes made by Sony or Microsoft?

Eh, not necesarilly.  The media focused a whole lot on Microsoft's horrendous launch of the XBox One, for example.  This gen Sony really has been doing almost everything right and the PS4 is doing amazing, so there's not much for them to criticize them about.

How about the fact that they still haven't brought back older PlayStation franchises besides God of War?

They're making new games instead.  Plus there are other old franchises they're still developing for such as Gran Turismo and Ratchet and Clank.  Some others like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot can't be brought back because Activision now owns them.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
The Nintendo Seal of Quality expired and they have to renew the trademark

Omg.

This really hasn't been a good year for Nintendo. There are stil some great games but overall people will mostly remember the mistakes, sadly. Next year should be better.

CaptainExplosion said:
Edwardooo said:
This really hasn't been a good year for Nintendo. There are stil some great games but overall people will mostly remember the mistakes, sadly. Next year should be better.

I told you guys earlier we should shout at them through social media to make things better.

I don't see how spamming on social media would change the whole quality or purpose of a game ?

Most of the recent Wii U titles aren't really the AAA titles for the Wii U, and western audiences aren't too fond of Fatal Frame, I guess.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Sheesh. This thread is ruthless. Call me fanboy, but I prefer 1 amazing game to play for years over 5 average games to play for days. Really cool the Wii U has dozens of those amazing games

Edit: forgot the point of my comment XD. This is why quality > quantity. We got like 5 games in a few months, and only 1 of them was good (Yoshi).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Oh yeah, but don't forget about Yoshi and Mario Maker, they were recent titles as well and performed much better.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

They are all third or second party though.

So i would say, theres nothing wrong. Not every game has the conditions to be an amazing game.

Nintendo stopped giving a shit after the release of Smash Bros. It's been pretty clear during last E3, now we are sure of it.

Nem said:
They are all third or second party though.

So i would say, theres nothing wrong. Not every game has the conditions to be an amazing game.

I don't really buy this argument. Smash Bros., Bayonetta, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter all count as either second or third party and they are some of the highest quality Nintendo games.

The recent Animal Crossings, Tri-Force Heroes, and the new Mario Tennis are mediocre because they were made cheaply and quickly so that there would be more games this holiday season. I think they will help Nintendo in the short term with sales, but may hurt Nintendo in the long run as piles of shovelware is a detriment to Nintendo's high quality image.