By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronda Rousey Just Got KTFO

Ok, I'm cringing right now for Rousey when I look back at what she said to Holm at the weigh-ins. Geeeeez, if I were her I would not be able to show my face on television ever again. That was some harsh shit. It almost sounded like Ronda has some insecurity issues. Like, she WANTS to be the best but deep down she knows she's not there.

Holly showed her, that's for sure!

Around the Network
StreaK said:
Ok, I'm cringing right now for Rousey when I look back at what she said to Holm at the weigh-ins. Geeeeez, if I were her I would not be able to show my face on television ever again. That was some harsh shit. It almost sounded like Ronda has some insecurity issues. Like, she WANTS to be the best but deep down she knows she's not there.

Holly showed her, that's for sure!

It seems like many, if not most top fighters tend to talk shit... I think it's mostly about upping the drama and selling the event, though they are undoubtedly (and justifiably) exceedingly confident people lol

ArchangelMadzz said:
d21lewis said:

I thought she said she wouldn't be there and that she was bigger than Wrestlemania.

1. She was at Wrestlemania this year.

2. She said a couple weeks ago she wants to be divas champion.

1.  I watched Mania last year.

2. It was a few weeks ago.  Read it on Twitter.

http://www.axs.com/news/wwe-news-dana-white-emphasizes-ronda-rousey-won-t-be-at-wrestlemania-66761

I'll try to find the other quote, though.

Is KTFO short for "kicked the fuck out"?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

d21lewis said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

1. She was at Wrestlemania this year.

2. She said a couple weeks ago she wants to be divas champion.

http://www.axs.com/news/wwe-news-dana-white-emphasizes-ronda-rousey-won-t-be-at-wrestlemania-66761

Yeah your source disproves you, Dana said she's not there cause he doesn't want her to be whilst under UFC and Ronda said she won't be there because of a movie.

Nothing about her being too "big" for Wrestlemania, the 5th largest sports event on the planet.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I love how so many people thought that she was strong enough to beat Floyd Mayweather before this match.

ArchangelMadzz said:
d21lewis said:

Yeah your source disproves you, Dana said she's not there cause he doesn't want her to be whilst under UFC and Ronda said she won't be there because of a movie.

Nothing about her being too "big" for Wrestlemania, the 5th largest sports event on the planet.

Yeah, I couldn't find it. Saw it on Twitter. Might have been some clickbait.

Johnw1104 said:

I still don't understand what happened; it's like she decided she wanted to out-box a boxer. You'd think a couple minutes in when that strategy was going terribly she mighta switched it up, but no, let me try to outbox a former boxing champion.

Very strange, Rousey seems like she likely could have won if she stuck to her strengths. Still, I like this Holm girl and the rematch should be fun :)

The thing is, Ronda is a Judoku, in order to perform Judo throws u have to be in a clinch, the only way for Ronda to get into the clinch is to come forward or for her opponent to come forward. Holm is way too technical of a boxer to come rushing forward like Ronda's last few opponents, she used great footwork to maintain distance and used straight punches & kicks to keep Ronda away so she had no choice but try brawling.

That's why wrestling is a faaaaarrrrr superior form of grappling for takedowns in MMA compared to Judo, u don't have to be in a clinch to initiate a takedown, u can level change and go for the legs so u can actually score takedowns from a distance in addition to throws.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Dunban67 said:
looks like EA put the wrong girl on their cover

lmao, that cover pick had bad timing.

I guess Miesha Tate's chances for another shot at Ronda became a little more likely, unless she does retire.

Ronda: 'Miesha's best chances at a title shot is to wait for me to retire'

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/ronda-rousey-miesha-tates-best-shot-is-to-wait-until-i-retire-which-wont-be-long

Rob5VGC said:
This is good for the narratives.

I guess Holly is going to be in Fast & Furious 9 now...or was it 8? I lost count.

Ronda got to appeal to the general public because of her relative beauty, overconfidence and success on the octagon. She was/is some phenomenon that got to trascend beyond MMA, I don't see that happening with Holm. It isn't like whoever is champion gets contracts for films and stuff.

I wonder what impact, if any, this defeat will generate in the public eyes. She may still remain popular, but of course she won't be seen as the "unbeatable force".

No more "would Ronda beat Maywheather in a fight" headlines. Actually, the woman beater may be typing a tweet about Ronda's loss as I write this.

Relative beauty? You're joking right? Girl is hideous.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:

Relative beauty? You're joking right? Girl is hideous.

You're still young.  Every girl in your school probably looks like Taylor Swift.  Wait until you get into the real world!  When you hit 30, your idea of what beauty is will change.