By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronda Rousey Just Got KTFO

d21lewis said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Relative beauty? You're joking right? Girl is hideous.

You're still young.  Every girl in your school probably looks like Taylor Swift.  Wait until you get into the real world!  When you hit 30, your idea of what beauty is will change.

I'm scared :C

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Relative beauty? You're joking right? Girl is hideous.

I don't find her ugly, neither extremely attractive. Some of the people drawn to her I've seen writing here and there think she's hot. When I said "relative" I meant for some people within their point of view.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Mr.Playstation said:
d21lewis said:

You're still young.  Every girl in your school probably looks like Taylor Swift.  Wait until you get into the real world!  When you hit 30, your idea of what beauty is will change.

I'm scared :C

Talal said:
I love how so many people thought that she was strong enough to beat Floyd Mayweather before this match.

I'd still put money on her on an MMA fight.

Of course, if she tries to out-box him like she did Holm I'm putting my money, house, and two kidneys on Mayweather.

This thread has devolved into shaming women because of their appearance. I find that sexist.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Johnw1104 said:

I still don't understand what happened; it's like she decided she wanted to out-box a boxer. You'd think a couple minutes in when that strategy was going terribly she mighta switched it up, but no, let me try to outbox a former boxing champion.

Very strange, Rousey seems like she likely could have won if she stuck to her strengths. Still, I like this Holm girl and the rematch should be fun :)

The thing is, Ronda is a Judoku, in order to perform Judo throws u have to be in a clinch, the only way for Ronda to get into the clinch is to come forward or for her opponent to come forward. Holm is way too technical of a boxer to come rushing forward like Ronda's last few opponents, she used great footwork to maintain distance and used straight punches & kicks to keep Ronda away so she had no choice but try brawling.

That's why wrestling is a faaaaarrrrr superior form of grappling for takedowns in MMA compared to Judo, u don't have to be in a clinch to initiate a takedown, u can level change and go for the legs so u can actually score takedowns from a distance in addition to throws.

That's interesting, didn't know that. I feel like I've seen her just bum rush girls in the past with almost 100% success, but she was probably fearing a punch or knee to the face lol

Still, Rousey didn't so much look like she was trying to back her into a corner or close the gap as she did like she was straight up boxing her. There never seemed to be any desperation as she was getting hit; she really stuck to her gameplan even when it was clearly not working.

AbbathTheGrim said:
This thread has devolved into shaming women because of their appearance. I find that sexist.

Is this game any good?  I was thinking of buying it for PS3.

d21lewis said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

You don't have to call me a white knight, I just wrote that for the lolz :P

AbbathTheGrim said:
d21lewis said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

You don't have to call me a white knight, I just wrote that for the lolz :P

Lol! I know. :)

d21lewis said:

Lol! I know. :)

You know, I love Feminism and I've seen that this movement is quite underrepresented here in VGChartz so I told myself: if we want the Feminism movement to take charge in here, what better way than a man to lead the way, you know what I'm sayin'?