By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Ronda Rousey Just Got KTFO

AbbathTheGrim said:
This thread has devolved into shaming women because of their appearance. I find that sexist.

Is that you Anita?

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
zorg1000 said:

The thing is, Ronda is a Judoku, in order to perform Judo throws u have to be in a clinch, the only way for Ronda to get into the clinch is to come forward or for her opponent to come forward. Holm is way too technical of a boxer to come rushing forward like Ronda's last few opponents, she used great footwork to maintain distance and used straight punches & kicks to keep Ronda away so she had no choice but try brawling.

That's why wrestling is a faaaaarrrrr superior form of grappling for takedowns in MMA compared to Judo, u don't have to be in a clinch to initiate a takedown, u can level change and go for the legs so u can actually score takedowns from a distance in addition to throws.

That's interesting, didn't know that. I feel like I've seen her just bum rush girls in the past with almost 100% success, but she was probably fearing a punch or knee to the face lol

Still, Rousey didn't so much look like she was trying to back her into a corner or close the gap as she did like she was straight up boxing her. There never seemed to be any desperation as she was getting hit; she really stuck to her gameplan even when it was clearly not working.

Ya she has had success rushing forward in the past because her previous opponents didn't have to footwork or technical boxing to keep her at bay and made the mistake of rushing toward her as well. There was a thread a few weeks ago about this fight and I said this was going to be her toughest fight because Holm isn't dumb enough to rush forward and brawl/initiate a clinch like previous opponents. I still thought Ronda would eventually get it to the ground and get a submission but the one time she got it there Holm defended the armbar and got right back up to the feet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jesus watching that gif of the fight is awful. People ask me why I watch WWE and not real fighting... this is why. Hate seeing humans trying to knock each other out like that it's one of the most primitive activities you could ever take part in. Will happily stick to my Sports Entertainment rather than assaulting each other in a cage in front of cheering crowds.

Just to clarify I'm not against this because it's women fighting, I feel exactly the same about mens UFC stuff, just think it's sickening sport to cheer on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

zorg1000 said:

Ya she has had success rushing forward in the past because her previous opponents didn't have to footwork or technical boxing to keep her at bay and made the mistake of rushing toward her as well. There was a thread a few weeks ago about this fight and I said this was going to be her toughest fight because Holm isn't dumb enough to rush forward and brawl/initiate a clinch like previous opponents. I still thought Ronda would eventually get it to the ground and get a submission but the one time she got it there Holm defended the armbar and got right back up to the feet.

Yeah, Holm was extremely prepared and had Ronda well scouted. The plan was executed to perfection.

ganoncrotch said:
Jesus watching that gif of the fight is awful. People ask me why I watch WWE and not real fighting... this is why. Hate seeing humans trying to knock each other out like that it's one of the most primitive activities you could ever take part in. Will happily stick to my Sports Entertainment rather than assaulting each other in a cage in front of cheering crowds.

Just to clarify I'm not against this because it's women fighting, I feel exactly the same about mens UFC stuff, just think it's sickening sport to cheer on.

I guess I feel this way, too.  I used to be a cop and I actually had a chance to get my ass kicked by an MMA fighter in training (and boy, did he!) so I'm not a wimp and I'm not afraid of a little blood.  Still, seeing Rousey go down like that--I don't know.  It was like seeing somebody I know getting assaulted.  Not my cup of tea.  I used to love UFC at one point.  Guess I'm just not the guy I used to be.

Around the Network

Excuse me for a moment, I actually like that game, White Knight Chronicles.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ganoncrotch said:

Oh come on.  It's their choice and MMA and boxing is a good way to get peoples anger and stress out in a good way.  

And these people live way better lives than those who drink ,  smoke and eat unhealthy food all the time 

She predicted her own defeat. Damn...

I wonder if ring magazine has enough time to stop the presses on their latest cover:

Looks like Holly, the real boxer should have been on the cover of ring mag...... The irony.