By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Videos games SHOULD NOT be difficult... (It hurts the Video Game)

I'm fine with games being difficult, especially when they start out easy and build up your skills to difficult levels.. I would say Super Mario is a great example actually..

Having a difficulty setting is nice, making it as hard or as easy as you want it to especially for RPGs, when I get lazy from grinding, but I don't feel it's a must have or anything..

I do agree that there should be some games that are easy and relaxing, which there are.. but there should be some games that challenge and put your skills to the limit, making it an accomplishment when you do. It's definitely satisfying when you complete an extremely hard level or stage. A balance is great for everything

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So essentially you aren't great at videogames even though you like them and want games (even the difficult ones) to cater to you. Drop the ego. If you cant play the game let it be unless the developer decides to look for a person who likes the casual experience like yourself.

I disagree with your opinion that games should be easy or easier. That would be have downgraded "playing the game" for everyone else. If you don't like difficult games then don't play them. Problem solved.

You didn't play games during the NES era, obviously.

Many games would be better if they were harder. The extra danger would make them much more intense. I can't think of any game that would be better if it was easier. As long as the dificulty is "fair", thats it.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

You know, I was thinking about this very thing when I was playing through Bloodborne -- a game I eventually loved, but had a difficult time getting into.
On the one hand, I think games that are great but extremely difficult (like Souls) may be doing themselves a disservice honestly. It is as if those games are afraid that if more people will get their hands on them, people won't appreciate them as much -- as if the developer is unsure of the game's quality. Of course, that's ridiculous, because the secrets, lore, atmosphere, and combat of those games is absolutely fantastic.
On the other hand, there were parts of Bloodborne that really only gelled under the context of its high level of difficulty. The part that was really the most brilliant was the labyrinthine first area of the game. In that area, you would have learned that the area really wasn't that complex, but the bridge the connected every area together was separated by two werewolves -- an extremely difficult enemy for the start of the game. Once I discovered that the opening area was really so simple, it was a wonderful realization.

Around the Network
FunFan said:

You didn't play games during the NES era, obviously.

Many games would be better if they were harder. The extra danger would make them much more intense. I can't think of any game that would be better if it was easier. As long as the dificulty is "fair", thats it.

^ Tropical Freeze was nothing. Contra ate me alive as a child and I grew from playing it. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

^ Tropical Freeze was nothing. Contra ate me alive as a child and I grew from playing it. 

Given how badass you look on your avatar pic, I'm gonna assume you beated Contra not just in co-op, but completely by yourself with no help.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

THIS has to be a troll thread. no way this is true xD

FunFan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Given how badass you look on your avatar pic, I'm gonna assume you beated Contra not just in co-op, but completely by yourself with no help.

Yep. Took me a while but I did it. I was a little kid too. Game kicked my ass, but im hard headed and competitive, so there you go. LOL 

P.S.

Thanks for the compliment, bud. Haha

BraLoD said:
Solution: git gud- a random souls player.
I don't like cheap difficult, or stupid difficult when it was not being hard at all before.

A good chalenge is enjoyable, specially if it's a mind challenge rather than just a timing challenge.

Of course all games shouldn't be hard, but as they are mostly really easy nowdays, hard games are welcomed

As a Souls player I know we can get defensive when people point out the dificulty and I agree that there are a few cheap deaths but at least the game saves progress after everything you do. So you never really loose actual progress (losing souls is less important than what most people realize).