By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

curl-6 said:

People saying there is little to no improvement probably haven't played the original version in a while, and are thinking back to how they remember it looking rather than how it actually looks. The years and the propagation of large HDTVs have not been kind to Twilight Princess.

Yes, they could have pushed it further graphically, (a new lighting model would have been nice) but the two biggest visual drawbacks of the original (blurry textures and poor image quality) have been at least partially alleviated.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I think Dolphin could do better...still good enough though. HD re-releases don't usually do model updates anyways. Look at FFX HD.

Dolphin sadly does better. There are texturemods plus improved shader effects. This is basically a texture mod.

I would've expected Nintendo to do something like OoT3D and MM3D where the whole graphics were overhauled and much more detailed models added for practically everything as well as new FX.

No sorry, really disappointed.

The game isn't anything pretty to look at, the environments in particular, but it'll due.  I wasn't expecting Wii U graphic levels for a remaster.

Decent. But can't go close to dolphin version. And game has a clean look which might turn off some purists.

To be fair though, I suppose the highly compressed nature of the video stream does make the improvements hard to pick out without a side-by-side comparison.

Around the Network

You can clearly see that meshes weren't touched. All has the same low polygon count as it had nine years ago.
Some FX just look cheap compared to PS360 games. There's the high res textures though.

That's Dolphin:

There's even versions with improved shader effects.

With what can be achieved with a few mods in Skyrim (and soon Fallout 4) I expected more. Now I'm wondering if they are holding back for Zelda NX.

And just a reminder from E3 a few years ago.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

captain carot said:
You can clearly see that meshes weren't touched. All has the same low polygon count as it had nine years ago.
Some FX just look cheap compared to PS360 games. There's the high res textures though.

That's Dolphin:

There's even versions with improved shader effects.

That emulation is running on a much powerfull hardware than a WiiU though, and the standar emulation without all the super HD textures added and improved shadder effects doesn´t look better than the remaster.

I am looking forward to even more comparison shots from Dolphin, at 1080p.

It does look better, but it's very subtle. Unlike WWHD, OoT3D and MM3D, which all had really obvious graphical overhauls. Of course, those games were made by Aonuma's team and Grezzo...not Tantalus.

I think I was mostly just disappointed because during the Direct I immediately assumed they were starting the video with Wii/Gamecube footage, and then they were going to reveal how the HD version looked as soon as the music got epic...and when that never happened, it was immediately like, "WTF?! It looks exactly the same!" :p

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)