By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it FAIR for sony to win this generation?

Tagged games:

97alexk said:

No one is going to win a console generation. stop this winning,and the best thing. they all have there strengths and weaknesses. and all people have their preferences. owning a Wii U or a xbox one just be just as satisfying as owning a ps4 or the other way around. Stop with console wars. Im tired of it

You may want to double check the site you're on. It's dedicated to tracking and giving an order for how each console is doing.

While the last part is subjective, there's almost always a coorelation between userbase and games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
Teeqoz said:
There's no such thing as "fair" when it comes to a situation like this. Neither of the companies "deserve" or "don't deserve" their position, wether it's 3rd, 2nd or 1st, it's just how it is.

I totally disagree with you there.  If any product provides the best value for the money to consumers, then I feel that product "deserves" to sell more, therefore "winning".  That way the other companies will step up their game for the next time, and in the end the real winners will be us consumers.

Problem with this statement is it is entirely subjective.  Value is different to each individual.  The company that "deserves" to "win" in any situation is the one that is able to best capture the current trend in their segment and market themselves in a way that makes people want to buy their product.

This gen, that happens to be PS4.

chakkra said:
Teeqoz said:
There's no such thing as "fair" when it comes to a situation like this. Neither of the companies "deserve" or "don't deserve" their position, wether it's 3rd, 2nd or 1st, it's just how it is.

I totally disagree with you there.  If any product provides the best value for the money to consumers, then I feel that product "deserves" to sell more, therefore "winning".  That way the other companies will step up their game for the next time, and in the end the real winners will be us consumers.

What defines which product "provides best value for the money to consumers"?

In the end, all the companied have their ups and downs.

Overall, Sony is definitely performing the best this gen.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

97alexk said:

No one is going to win a console generation. stop this winning,and the best thing. they all have there strengths and weaknesses. and all people have their preferences. owning a Wii U or a xbox one just be just as satisfying as owning a ps4 or the other way around. Stop with console wars. Im tired of it.

Sorry, for making a thread that has something to do how the consoles are selling on a site about how much consoles and games are selling, I won't do it again :/

Around the Network

There is no such thing as a company "deserving" to win something because deserving is subjective.

Some could say they think the PS4 deserves to win because blah blah blah.
Some could say they think the Xbox One deserves to win because blah blah blah.
Some could say they think the Wii U deserves to win because blah blah blah.

It all comes down to opinion, and more specifically whoever is biased towards whichever company will usually pick that company.

WebMasterFlex said:
We go again with that kind of thread ? The winner is the winner. Last gen Wii won the generation and that was the end of discussion.

mmm, 360 won in NA, PS3 won in Europe, but Wii still has the lead in the Global, not a full victory if you ask me, being crushed in the last years by its competitors.

Right Now PS4 is really dominating and the situation will most probably be the same till the end.   Let's just enjoy the game experience on all systems.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

FloatingWaffles said:
There is no such thing as a company "deserving" to win something because deserving is subjective.

Some could say they think the PS4 deserves to win because blah blah blah.
Some could say they think the Xbox One deserves to win because blah blah blah.
Some could say they think the Wii U deserves to win because blah blah blah.

It all comes down to opinion, and more specifically whoever is biased towards whichever company will usually pick that company.

So you say that there is no such thing, just to say in the same sentence there is such a thing (subjective)?

If it is subjective then answer in your subjective opinion and say if you agree with this thread or not.

This might come off the wrong way, but I too want Sony to win. However, if they're going to win, they need to earn it. The race is still not over and they can't just get lazy.

Sony was the least stupid, but I don't think any of the big three "deserves" to win. I don't think Sony would be winning if the other two had actually put their best foot forward this gen - in other words, the only reason Sony is winning is because the other two lost so badly and there was no real competition. That is not a real win to me and that is not where the industry should be. No one should be proud of Sony for the easy task of simply not fucking up - they should be disappointed in the other two for not stepping up. Such a cheap victory.