By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

iTzCharlie said:
Lol everyone in the amazon thread was sure the ps4 would win. Now they say that it's not a real win for the xb1 and they don't talk about the shameful numbers of the ps4 considering the price cut.

It is pretty bad. But a pricecut doesn't happen for only one month. Halo month only happens for one month though.

Around the Network

It was so annoying to see so many people overconfident about Ps4 winning this month. Now is hilarious, but dont worry, everyone is gonna focus on the fact that Halo has sold less than expected on the first week.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Twitter link posted on gaf. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrfight6666/status/665034090450554880

Isn´t that a twitter about how much X1+PS4 sold combined though?

jlmurph2 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

I think he's trying to say a relatively small 30k difference for halo 5 month isn't much of a win. Most ppl including me, were predicting either a close ps4 win or a 80k win or more for xb1. 

I thought for sure xb1 would do around 380-420k. But barely 300k is quite shocking. 

So you were expecting either a close win for PS4 or a huge win for Xbox One? lol that's so much bias.

MS won October with a $500 console leading the charge. No matter how you guys want to downplay the win. Even when some were so confident

Not downplaying anything. Both consoles sold horribly considering what both had going for them. 

Yes it was small but at least Xbox finally got a win. That's all that matters. 

I would not call a 50k ish win an "easy" win. lol.. oh well a win is still a win.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
jlmurph2 said:

So you were expecting either a close win for PS4 or a huge win for Xbox One? lol that's so much bias.

MS won October with a $500 console leading the charge. No matter how you guys want to downplay the win. Even when some were so confident

Not downplaying anything. Both consoles sold horribly considering what both had going for them. 

Yes it was small but at least Xbox finally got a win. That's all that matters. 

You're contradicting yourself. Its hilarious.

Puppyroach said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Twitter link posted on gaf. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrfight6666/status/665034090450554880

Isn´t that a twitter about how much X1+PS4 sold combined though?

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Don't know why they listed the hardware count when they asked for halo 5 Numbers lol 

After reading another post recently, someone said halo 5 sold 850k. Not sure how accurate that is, but that's the current figure gaf is saying. 

Goodnightmoon said:
It was so annoying to see so many people overconfident about Ps4 winning this month. Now is hilarious, but dont worry, everyone is gonna focus on the fact that Halo has sold less than expected on the first week.

I thought it would be close, like less than 50k, but both with healthy numbers.

What we got was more like both sides losing handily :(

I suppose with all the calling other people out going on I should dig up the posts of the people saying Halo would sell 3M+ first day... They were... So... Confidant... or posts to congratulate Microsoft for how well Halo did... Nah I think I'll pass, to much salt from two sides today. Nintendo is absent outside a few people being happy at Yoshi charting.

I still say everyone did poor.

Synesthesia said:
I suppose with all the calling other people out going on I should dig up the posts of the people saying Halo would sell 3M+ first day... They were... So... Confidant... or posts to congratulate Microsoft for how well Halo did... Nah I think I'll pass, to much salt from two sides today. Nintendo is absent outside a few people being happy at Yoshi charting.

I still say everyone did poor.

Not gonna lie, he played this out perfectly.