By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Abun said:
Tachikoma said:

You know what, I'm done with your shit.

You aren't getting moderated but I am now imposing a ban on all future posts by you, you are hereby banned from mentioning anything to do with the Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One or the Xbox version of any game, and any Xbox exclusive, even if done respectfully, and even if you try to skirt the rules by using implication rather than direct reference.

If you make a single post in future that breaks the terms of this ban, you win yourself a moderation, regardless of how badly you break the rule imposed on you.

You have extensively demonstrated that you are unable to approach discussions involving any Xbox platform without turning it in to some kind of mudslinging competition and frankly, i'm fucking sick of it.

I'll be PM'ing you this message so you can't play the "i didnt see the post" later down the line, too.

People are getting far too comfortable with trolling and baiting the Xbox community on this site, it's about time that ended.

This post is extremely hypocritcal and shows moderation bias.People from all sides do the same thing,but you single him out? I have never seen a mod on any forum do something like this.This should not be allowed.The mods on this site are a huge joke.

You might want to take that to the moderators thread, they usually aren't fans of things like this being discussed outside of it, and while I'm a big fan of Tachi, I've had similar concerns with other users/mods. 

Around the Network
Abun said:
Tachikoma said:
ethomaz said:

I told you Smeags that Halo 5 flopped.

It is dad.

You know what, I'm done with your shit.

You aren't getting moderated but I am now imposing a ban on all future posts by you, you are hereby banned from mentioning anything to do with the Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One or the Xbox version of any game, and any Xbox exclusive, even if done respectfully, and even if you try to skirt the rules by using implication rather than direct reference.

If you make a single post in future that breaks the terms of this ban, you win yourself a moderation, regardless of how badly you break the rule imposed on you.

You have extensively demonstrated that you are unable to approach discussions involving any Xbox platform without turning it in to some kind of mudslinging competition and frankly, i'm fucking sick of it.

I'll be PM'ing you this message so you can't play the "i didnt see the post" later down the line, too.

People are getting far too comfortable with trolling and baiting the Xbox community on this site, it's about time that ended.

This post is extremely hypocritcal and shows moderation bias.People from all sides do the same thing,but you single him out? I have never seen a mod on any forum do something like this.This should not be allowed.The mods on this site are a huge joke.

He has a history of doing it over and over again. While I do think being totally unable to mention Xbox without getting banned is a bit extreme, a ban for trolling is just something waiting to happen for him because he has shown he has little restraint.

Gaf just posted sales graph for halo 2-5 and reach sales for comparison.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oscarlemaire/status/665061436465545216

NPd sales numbers after being on sale 1-2 weeks. Halo 5 is at the bottom .

It looks like those preorders did the trick then. That's the only reason I was unsure of who really won. At least November won't be so ambiguous.

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Abun said:

Exactly,but the fact is that MS had more riding on this month than Sony and PS4 had higher numbers in September with Destiny.Nothing is being down played or spun.Halo did not do what people claimed,period.

I know. That jmurph guy seems to not get that. Everyone and their mothers were expecting halo 5 to destroy ps4 and to only have a 30k gap and barely 300k consoles is a huge shock. 

Its not downplaying, it's a fact. Halo did not perform like halo. Simple as that. 

Bull. You know that's not true. 

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

I know. That jmurph guy seems to not get that. Everyone and their mothers were expecting halo 5 to destroy ps4 and to only have a 30k gap and barely 300k consoles is a huge shock. 

Its not downplaying, it's a fact. Halo did not perform like halo. Simple as that. 

Can't speak for everyone, but I expected an MS win, just had no clue by how much.  The Amazon sales in October 'suggested' it would be close, but I usually let others who're far, far better with analysis break that stuff down.   I just figured...well, it's Halo. 

Isn't ps4 down yoy with a price cut?

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Damn if halo 5 only did 1 million npd digital is crazy high. Minecraft did 1 million fw digital and ms says 5 did even better.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

That is a flop if I ever saw one. Looks like social media was right about Halo flopping.

mornelithe said:
jlmurph2 said:

Can't speak for everyone, but I expected an MS win, just had no clue by how much.  The Amazon sales in October 'suggested' it would be close, but I usually let others who're far, far better with analysis break that stuff down.   I just figured...well, it's Halo. 

That's what I was pointing out. Him saying "Everyone and their mothers..." is blatantly ignoring how users have been reacting to the PS4 price drop announcement.