By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Prediction: Xbox One will soon get the "Wii U" treatment from 3rd party games

Agree with me?

I disagree, NOT HAPPENING 103 33.12%

It could happen 55 17.68%

I don't know 3 0.96%

Most likely won't happen 33 10.61%

I agree, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN 22 7.07%

Xbox One is just as powerful as PS4 9 2.89%

3rd party will never leave Xbox One 29 9.32%

Are you kidding? 45 14.47%

Too early to tell 12 3.86%

Total:311

Never ever gonna happen. Even if the NX is the most powerful machine ever, I don't think the hardcore demographics will embrace the console either way. And with an install base of 0 compared to whatever Xbox One and PS4 wil have in 2016, no third party is going to make a huge expensive AAA title pushing the NX to its limits, as it would be more profitable to develop for the others. While third parties want powerful machines, the demographics are as important. Which is why the Wii U, though it is more powerful than the 360/Ps3, still is not getting Black Ops 3

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

You heard it here first! With the NX soon to become the most powerful console on the Market and 2nd comes Sony's Console..... I predict 3rd party developers are going to take advantage at the NX's capabilities and PUSH the PS4 to it's limits... leaving the Xbox One not powerful enough to handle those games. I'm sure it's powerful enough but it's going to be a "weaker" version of 3rd party games. The games won't sell and 3rd party will LEAVE Xbox One. Which is giving the XBox One the "Wii U" treatment.... Agree with me?  

With 8 million units sold in the US (double the Wii-U) and growing... not a chance.

If the NX can steal pretty much all of the core gaming fans from X1, the OP might be right.

Spoilers: Not gonna happen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Justagamer said:
First of all, no level of power the nx will have, even if it was 3x titan, will make 3rd parties support it. 3rd parties will not support the nx, just like they basically didn't support the wii, aside from shovelware and party games/dance games, and they didn't support the wiiu.

So no, 3rd parties will not abandon the x1, but they have already abandoned the nx, judging from the support they've given nintendo lately, atleast.

I disagree. I think they will support Nintendo but they didn't these last two gens because Nintendo was so far behind that it was a pain to deal with. If the NX is indeed just as powerful as the consoles of today  I see not reason for them not to release games on the NX. Espicially if Nintendo makes it easy to do by making the hardware similar to that of the X1/PS4.

Mr Puggsly said:

If the NX can steal pretty much all of the core gaming fans from X1, the OP might be right.

But Nintendo is already stealing your games

Spoilers: Bayonetta 2

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Only commenting to join in on the fun.

OT: NO

It is near the end of the end....

Pavolink said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But Nintendo is already stealing your games

Spoilers: Bayonetta 2

Oh yeah? With a steal like that its no wonder the Wii U is lost in obscurity.

I'm sure its a great game... but kinda niche compared to what the relevant consoles are getting.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

No

Yeah, that's not the way 3rd party support works. 3rd parties didn't drop the struggling PS3 early last gen. Even if the NX somehow turns out to be the most powerful of the 3 consoles, 3rd parties won't magically drop the X1 in favor of the NX. Less anyone forgot, the PS2 was the weaker than the GC and Xbox, but that didn't stop it from garnering tons of 3rd party exclusives and a near monopoly on the industry.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

No third party games are selling good on x1 if you considers its mall install base.