By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Prediction: Xbox One will soon get the "Wii U" treatment from 3rd party games

Agree with me?

I disagree, NOT HAPPENING 103 33.12%

It could happen 55 17.68%

I don't know 3 0.96%

Most likely won't happen 33 10.61%

I agree, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN 22 7.07%

Xbox One is just as powerful as PS4 9 2.89%

3rd party will never leave Xbox One 29 9.32%

Are you kidding? 45 14.47%

Too early to tell 12 3.86%

Total:311
Pavolink said:
Well, if the NX is more powerful and it actually gets third party support (which I don't believe, but let's imagine it gets) I expect the Xbone to keep getting third party support, but I guess it will be "worse" perfomance wise. Maybe, maybe, developers will put less effort which can affect the relationship between them and Microsoft.

But hey, they can throw some money and get better deals, something that Nintendo won't do it, and we end like now. NX will be the one getting the Wii U "support".

Yeah, that's my main fear. If the NX is more powerful than current gen systems, and even after that Nintendo doesn't get the needed support, they will be in a horrendous position: selling a system that could be cheaper with a power they most likely won't use to an audience (their regular audience) that doesn't care that much for power anyway. It would be like having WiiU support with a device like the PS3.

I hope the fusion with handheld aliviates them on that regard, handheld still sells well, and with power like the WiiU on the go, publishers could just put dozens of already existing games on the system, plus the regular Nintendo releases, plus new games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It already does, doesn't it?
*looks at Fallout 4*

And NX isn't coming so soon, please, get your mind free from this rubbish from across the internet.

Not as bad as Wii U, but I can see less support at the end of the gen from companies that are looking at the numbers right now.

X1 will have a 25m userbase at that point. Would be pretty stupid to not release multiplats on it.

Not a chance.  

Around the Network

3rd party software still sells well, also cross platform development should be fairly straight forward. Even if the NX is more powerful the XBox will still get better support.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I think PSVR might help further the gap in sales. I was/am saving for an XB1 but I might just buy the PSVR instead. That in turn could lead to a huge gap in sales which will over time see third party support wane on the XB1.

Either way, it's clear the PS4 is the console of choice this generation.

One thing for sure I can't wait to see what innovative idea they come up with....

3rd party support has nothing to do with how capable the console is, but how the demographic within the user base is built. Since Xbox mainly have fans of shooters/racers/action games, Nintendo will need to change their own demographic in order to attract more developers.

Puppyroach said:
3rd party support has nothing to do with how capable the console is, but how the demographic within the user base is built. Since Xbox mainly have fans of shooters/racers/action games, Nintendo will need to change their own demographic in order to attract more developers.

^this, a dumb thread. If anything even if nintendo are successful with NX they are going to have a tough time with 3rd parties and Nintendo's success is independent on what happens on Xbox or PS.