By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Prediction: Xbox One will soon get the "Wii U" treatment from 3rd party games

Agree with me?

I disagree, NOT HAPPENING 103 33.12%

It could happen 55 17.68%

I don't know 3 0.96%

Most likely won't happen 33 10.61%

I agree, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN 22 7.07%

Xbox One is just as powerful as PS4 9 2.89%

3rd party will never leave Xbox One 29 9.32%

Are you kidding? 45 14.47%

Too early to tell 12 3.86%

Total:311

Microsoft has far too much money to allow that to happen even if the rest of your prediction came to pass.

Around the Network

I think its unlikely. I could totally see it happening if it wasnt the US market that seems to act like nothing happened between gens.
Unless it sharply loses popularity in the US it will continue soldering on.

Microsoft will 100% try to rush the next gen again though, and that is my biggest concern, as last time it destroyed a large portion of the publishers/developers. If it happens again, i dont think there will be a home market left. Unless consumers don't go along with it. Knowing Microsoft's advertisement muscle and funds, it will be unlikely though.

Nah. The XB1 is getting less games than PS4/PC, but even if the NX ends up receiving a lot of support (with will be hard to get) I think the XB1 would still be far, far away from the Wii U situation.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Agreed. Nx is Nintendo's second coming. Eventually, ps4 will also stop getting 3rd party support when the NX hits 1 billion consoles sold.

If you want to lose some market share to competitors willing to sell on Xb1, shoot yourself in the foot and alienate the userbase to a point where they won't support you in the future then sure go for it. Logically that would be laughably insane though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"