By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: Halo 5 sold 1.4-1.5 Million in US

Hmm. I'm not inclined to believe that. I don't believe it sold 4m+ units, but like 2m launch? That seems incredibly low for Halo.

Around the Network

Please update the thread title. Almost all the controversy in this thread is because the title doesn't say I'm the US!

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Azzanation said:
Sprash said:
Guys, most of the people here aren't saying it is bad rather bad compared to previous mainline halo games and with all sources and rumours we have, it's very likely that the halo franchise is in a decline (software wise).

Abit early to tell dont you think? Cant judge a games success based off its first week. Halo 4 went on to sell 9m units and that was considered the least faverite Halo game at launch.

Halo 4 still did 3.2M, so did Halo 3, it did exactly 3.2M too. Halo 4 being the least favorite? Who cares?! Don't mix things up. These sales are strong on a standard basis, but it's way too low for a Halo game.

Hmm if true, then relative to what Halo used to be, this is bad. The writing was on the wall though d: CoDs been going through the same struggle since after black ops 2.

Title thread need to say US. People are getting confuse here

Around the Network

If it sold 1.5million in the US that should be like 600k ww and like 300k digital. Thats 2.4 million which is good numbers.

Jranation said:
I need a confirmation. Everyone is saying different things.
Is this 1.6M-1.8M US or WW?

1.5M sold in US at retail

If it sold 2.5 million fw that would be 17% install base which is really good.

If this would be the highest selling digital title in the Xbox store ever, does that include compared to what Minecraft sold on 360 as well?

Puppyroach said:
If this would be the highest selling digital title in the Xbox store ever, does that include compared to what Minecraft sold on 360 as well?

Highest selling digital title for that week, on the X1 I believe.