By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: Halo 5 sold 1.4-1.5 Million in US

They did go Teen on the fanbase so, yeah. Some people might not have appreciated that. I will most likely play at a friend's house since I don't got no XBone. 

Around the Network

NPD will be very interesting. If this is US only then it is not that bad. That would put Halo aroud 2.5 millions first week including digital.

Well, when we compare it to Halo 3, the best like for like entry in the series, the Halo franchise is definitely in decline. Halo 3 launched the last week of the month, like Halo 5. Both were the first main entry in the franchise for their gen. Both launched on a small user base, the XBO actually beating the 360 by 2M+ in the same time frame. Yet, Halo 5 did 3.3M just in the US, according to NPD. If these numbers are right, I doubt Halo 5 even did 3M WW. Probably closer to 2.5M.

It's definitely not a failure, but it just continues to illustrate how the XBO isn't doing any favors for Xbox franchises.

How are these low numbers? Also Halo games have legs, with its amazing multiplayer it will continue to sell months on end. It will probably end around the 4-5m sold in my opinion.

As for the franchise's health, the game raked in 400m+ in its first week, i dont think game sales matter to MS anymore since they have already made there money on it. Halo 6 is only going to improve on this. Halo is far from dead.

It'll probably still sell 5+ million in the long run, which is better than a lot of console exclusive franchises out there. Granted Halo definitely has fallen from grace.

Around the Network

Guys, most of the people here aren't saying it is bad rather bad compared to previous mainline halo games and with all sources and rumours we have, it's very likely that the halo franchise is in a decline (software wise).

Sprash said:
Guys, most of the people here aren't saying it is bad rather bad compared to previous mainline halo games and with all sources and rumours we have, it's very likely that the halo franchise is in a decline (software wise).

Abit early to tell dont you think? Cant judge a games success based off its first week. Halo 4 went on to sell 9m units and that was considered the least faverite Halo game at launch.

jlmurph2 said:
Microsoft also said in their PR statement that Halo 5 was the best selling digital game on Xbox One. So 10-20% does not sound reasonable.

best selling digital game for the week 

which means it was the best selling game in the store for that

which makes perfect sense as halo 5 was the best selling game of the week lol that MR spin is legit

Azzanation said:
Sprash said:

Abit early to tell dont you think? Cant judge a games success based off its first week. Halo 4 went on to sell 9m units and that was considered the least faverite Halo game at launch.

But we can compare the first weeks of previous halos with halo 5, can't we?

I assume that Microsoft didn't mean that Halo 5 was the best selling game on XBox store including 360, but rather only X1? Because 360 had some insane numbers, so it sounds highly unlikely.