By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: Halo 5 sold 1.4-1.5 Million in US

Microsoft also said in their PR statement that Halo 5 was the best selling digital game on Xbox One. So 10-20% does not sound reasonable.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Microsoft also said in their PR statement that Halo 5 was the best selling digital game on Xbox One. So 10-20% does not sound reasonable.

"Best" doesn't give us much. If the previous best game sold 400k then 401k for Halo 5 would be enough to be the best selling digital game on XB1. It could also be 600k, who knows.

Ali_16x said:

From NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184510409&postcount=1656

"I've heard concrete information that Halo 5 launch numbers will be some of the lowest yet. Like 1.4-1.5M low. I'm willing to polygraph with an admin if need be, I've seen how inside information is dealt with here :P"

He was vetted by Head Mod at NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184512938&postcount=1681

The source said it was retail only, and other companies like EA, Ubisoft, Take-Two report around 10%-20% digital sales, so probably 20% maximum coming from digital would be around 1.68 - 1.8 million total.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184513817&postcount=1706

Up to +200K digital from Halo bundle so perhaps almost 2 million. But still, that's pretty much the bulk of the Halo 5 sales with UK at perhaps 200K incl digital and bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

jlmurph2 said:

But 20% of 1.5 million, as USA only, is a lot and 20% of global is even more. According to VGC the best global week 1 for Xb one is CoD AW at 1.7 million. So if AW did 20% of 1.7 million week 1, and Halo 5 has global physcial sales of 2.1 million week 1 then 20% of 2.1 million > 20% of 1.7 million, hence biggest digital game on Xb one. I'm sure MS doesn't mean biggest digital LTD, just biggest digital opening week / launch period.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
jlmurph2 said:

But 20% of 1.5 million, as USA only, is a lot and 20% of global is even more. According to VGC the best global week 1 for Xb one is CoD AW at 1.7 million. So if AW did 20% of 1.7 million week 1, and Halo 5 has global physcial sales of 2.1 million week 1 then 20% of 2.1 million > 20% of 1.7 million, hence biggest digital game on Xb one. I'm sure MS doesn't mean biggest digital LTD, just biggest digital opening week / launch period.

Looking at Amazon, the digital version of Halo 5 sold a really good amount for October. More than I've seen a digital console game for the monthly. And apparently this number isn't even counting bundle sales. There's more factors at play here these days.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
If we assume the 150k~ figure for the UK is correct, then 1.5m~ is actually believable... I think i'll hold off on more official data though. Hopefully we hear something from NPD.

In theme with what i said in the UK thread though, it says a lot about how strong an IP Halo is that we're looking at the possibility of 1.5m physical sales launch as disappointing

Totally agree, most games companies would love to get that many sales.

Though what it does show though is a possible decline in the game as being a mega franchise, and maybe more importantly how poor the XBO has sold and how perhaps that exclusive games are not necessarily the thing that is pushes games consoles. Basically when most people were having XB360 as their primary machine they would get on the hype train for an exclusive, and that would push sales of Halo. Now alot of people have now gone over to PS4, these people were not that invested in the game as first thought. I now expect Uncharted to sell more than ever before based on that logic.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I need a confirmation. Everyone is saying different things.
Is this 1.6M-1.8M US or WW?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

jlmurph2 said:

But the bundle has a digital code. So all those redeemed codes would also be counted for their statement. So, it's really tough to gauge which percentage is reasonable.

Worse than everything i expected , no wonder why they spinned so much

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

10-15% of the install base at launch is good but it doesn't sound like it moved a lot gamers from 360 to xb1.

Don't copy random editorials.