By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will the Vita pass the 3DS in weekly sales?

Tagged games:

When will the Vita pass the 3DS in weekly sales?

Almost inmediately after the NX release. 16 10.06%

A year after the NX release. 16 10.06%

Two years after the NX release. 6 3.77%

Three years after the NX release. 3 1.89%

Four years after the NX release. 4 2.52%

The Vita will be discontinued before the 3DS. 94 59.12%

The GameGear will make a ... 20 12.58%

Total:159

Hmm, the Vita will probably start surpassing the 3DS when the 3DS is retired by the next thing.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Vita will most likely discontinue before 3DS. I mean, US sales are so poor but Japanese sales are awesome. Maybe they'll discontinue in US and EU only.

Ljink96 said:
Vita will most likely discontinue before 3DS. I mean, US sales are so poor but Japanese sales are awesome. Maybe they'll discontinue in US and EU only.

In US, it will probably be discontinued, Europe, not so much. Believe it or not, it has sold bettter there than in Japan.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Dr.Vita said:

Should start during mid 2016. NX announcement will eat up 3DS sales too.
PS Vita sold 50k and 3DS 80k this week according to VGChartz so it is not far away.

You know, NX could eat Vita sales too...

I doubt that NX will have a big effort on PS Vita sales since they have different audiences. But we will see.

Darwinianevolution said:
Ljink96 said:

In US, it will probably be discontinued, Europe, not so much. Believe it or not, it has sold bettter there than in Japan.

Yeah, just checked the past few charts. It's doing just as well if not better. But yeah, US for sure.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

PS Vita sold 50k and 3DS 80k this week according to VGChartz so it is not far away.

It sold 96k according to vgchartz and the Vita is likely overtracked anyway. I've been all over Europe for my job and I have never seen a shop that even sells Vita's. The only reason the Vita is getting Japanese third party support is because it's more powerful than the 3DS, once the NX releases that advantage will be gone.

How one can even think the Vita will start outselling the 3DS from mid 2016 is beyond me. The 3DS is still getting Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter Stories, Pokémon Z, Dragon Quest XI and Yo-kai Watch 3.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Never

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Alkibiádēs said:
Dr.Vita said:

It sold 96k according to vgchartz and the Vita is likely overtracked anyway. I've been all over Europe for my job and I have never seen a shop that even sells Vita's. The only reason the Vita is getting Japanese third party support is because it's more powerful than the 3DS, once the NX releases that advantage will be gone.

How one can even think the Vita will start outselling the 3DS from mid 2016 is beyond me. The 3DS is still getting Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter Stories, Pokémon Z, Dragon Quest XI and Yo-kai Watch 3.

Yes, I was thinking that too.

The Vita will probably start out selling the 3DS as soon as Nintendo's next handheld is released: just take a look at the transition between The DS and 3DS; the DS dropped from selling almost 1m in March 2010 to 200k the same period the next year, when the 3DS released. The PSP on the other hand was largely uneffected by the 3DS release and only started faltering sales wise when the Vita hit The marked

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
The Vita will probably start out selling the 3DS as soon as Nintendo's next handheld is released: just take a look at the transition between The DS and 3DS; the DS dropped from selling almost 1m in March 2010 to 200k the same period the next year, when the 3DS released. The PSP on the other hand was largely uneffected by the 3DS release and only started faltering sales wise when the Vita hit The marked

Now take a look at the GBA sales after the DS released. Granted, the 3DS is no GBA, but the Vita ain't no PSP either.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides