By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My NX logo video, explanation for system being called, "Nintendo Infinite", controller ideas, etc.

PaulGaleNetwork said:

Thanks a lot.  Yeah...pricing is one of the most important things when it comes to the debut of a console.  It definitely has to feel like you're worth getting what you're paying for.  If NX Home is really a cutting edge piece of tecnology that's far beyond the power of PS4 and Xbox One and comes out for $350-$375 and acts truly as a 9th gen machine, I'd be very happy.  Likewise, I'd be cool if NX Portable was a $200 or $175 platform, if the power level was comparable to Wii U.  The pairing of the two for $500 would be a nice deal, though not exactly cheap.  It would make it the same price as Xbox One with Kinect back in 2013, but still less than the $600 PS3 model back in 2006.  Heck...if Big N packed in a main entry Mario game that ran on both systems, and the whole package of all that was $500...that'd be really great in my opinion.

Well, the issue isn't just "feel like worth getting what you're paying for", but also fighting the disintrest. Wii had substance and see how it sold, then compare it to Wii U that lacks the substance. You shouldn't compare the potential price of NX to what XB1 or PS3 cost back in the day if you aren't going to sell the same audience. I don't think NX and mobile are two different strategies, but actually two different takes of the same strategy. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I like Nintendo Infinite name.

Miyamotoo said:
I like Nintendo Infinite name.

Thank you Mr. Miyamoto! 

bdbdbd said:
PaulGaleNetwork said:

Thanks a lot.  Yeah...pricing is one of the most important things when it comes to the debut of a console.  It definitely has to feel like you're worth getting what you're paying for.  If NX Home is really a cutting edge piece of tecnology that's far beyond the power of PS4 and Xbox One and comes out for $350-$375 and acts truly as a 9th gen machine, I'd be very happy.  Likewise, I'd be cool if NX Portable was a $200 or $175 platform, if the power level was comparable to Wii U.  The pairing of the two for $500 would be a nice deal, though not exactly cheap.  It would make it the same price as Xbox One with Kinect back in 2013, but still less than the $600 PS3 model back in 2006.  Heck...if Big N packed in a main entry Mario game that ran on both systems, and the whole package of all that was $500...that'd be really great in my opinion.

Well, the issue isn't just "feel like worth getting what you're paying for", but also fighting the disintrest. Wii had substance and see how it sold, then compare it to Wii U that lacks the substance. You shouldn't compare the potential price of NX to what XB1 or PS3 cost back in the day if you aren't going to sell the same audience. I don't think NX and mobile are two different strategies, but actually two different takes of the same strategy. 

Hopefully Nintendo makes the NX as attractive as possible.  It's not necessarily the easiest thing to achieve a solid price, worthy launch lineup, 3rd party support, and proper hook...but if Nintendo's next system is as powerful as some are suggesting and does offer a two unit experience, all the while having a Zelda or Mario at its debut...then hopefully the final price and third party entries are attractive as well.  Lots of if's right there, however, so we'll see!

Well so this thread is not getting locked but mine did.. BS.
OP- nice concept btw

PaulGaleNetwork said:

Hopefully Nintendo makes the NX as attractive as possible.  It's not necessarily the easiest thing to achieve a solid price, worthy launch lineup, 3rd party support, and proper hook...but if Nintendo's next system is as powerful as some are suggesting and does offer a two unit experience, all the while having a Zelda or Mario at its debut...then hopefully the final price and third party entries are attractive as well.  Lots of if's right there, however, so we'll see!

I don't think Nintendo expects NX to have wide 3rd party support, but this is when they're at their best. Of course the price and performance depends on the launch date... If it's CY 2016, it's going to cost more or have lower performance, CY 2017 would naturally mean the opposite.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I expect the NX to cost 250$ and be roughly on par with the Xbox One in terms of specs.

It will either have VR for all games or another very unique controller/game input

rolltide101x said:

I expect the NX to cost 250$ and be roughly on par with the Xbox One in terms of specs.

It will either have VR for all games or another very unique controller/game input

$250 was what the Wii came out as and included a really big hit game.  If Nintendo could replicate that debut pack-in game "wow factor" they did in 2006, that'd be pretty awesome.

bdbdbd said:
PaulGaleNetwork said:

I don't think Nintendo expects NX to have wide 3rd party support, but this is when they're at their best. Of course the price and performance depends on the launch date... If it's CY 2016, it's going to cost more or have lower performance, CY 2017 would naturally mean the opposite.

If I had to pick the release strategy, I'd go with one of the following:

1) Reveal trailer for the NX in March, Show it off in June at E3 with playable titles, Have it available for pre-order beginning that same day, and Release it between July 7th and 17th, world wide.
or
2) Show it off at E3 for the first time with playable software and Release it on November 20th, 2016, which would be the Sunday before Black Friday.

jason1637 said:
Well so this thread is not getting locked but mine did.. BS.
OP- nice concept btw

Thank you.  What ideas do you have about the NX? 

By the way, the new article is up, where I'll be taking submissions and creating logos out of them.

(http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2015/11/05/have-an-idea-for-what-the-nintendo-nx-might-end-up-being-called-tell-paul-gale-network-and-get-a-logo-created-of-it/)

PaulGaleNetwork said:
rolltide101x said:

$250 was what the Wii came out as and included a really big hit game.  If Nintendo could replicate that debut pack-in game "wow factor" they did in 2006, that'd be pretty awesome.

That is what I am expecting from them. There is 0.0000001% chance of Nintendo replicating the Wii but they can absolutely do a lot better than they have with the Wii U. They need to make it easy for devs to port games from the PS4 and Xbox One to make it cheap and a "no brainer" to port to that way they will get at least solid 3rd party support

Gamemaster87 said:
superchunk said:
NX is just the code name. Nintendo never uses the code name in the final product.

Though I like your ideas.

And the DS?

The DS was called Nitro.

Azelover said:
Gamemaster87 said:

And the DS?

The DS was called Nitro.

Yes right, but later they used the codename "DS" which became the final name for the product although Nintendo has planned to change it. But because of strong popularity of the name DS they decided to use it for the final product.