By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My NX logo video, explanation for system being called, "Nintendo Infinite", controller ideas, etc.

http://youtu.be/yXn8VuC7QIU 

If the video didn't embed properly, here's the link to the video in the article I wrote: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/#article/6971

I came up with a logo for NX several months ago and did share it online, but it wasn't until now that I made a video to further elaborate some of my thoughts behind the concept.  In this video I break down the idea behind the logo, why NX could turn into the Nintendo Infinitie, and share some thoughts on ideas for the system, controller, and even how prices may break down.

In the video I say that NX Home could cost $350 and NX Portable could cost $200, with a two in one SKU costing $500, but I think that more accurately we would see NX Home costing $375 and NX Portable costing $175 (with the two-in-one still being $500).

Anyhow, I'd love to hear your thoughts and thank you in advance for them!  :)

Around the Network

Huh. Never thought I'd hear from PG again after PSAS ended. Good to see your site is still going.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

NX is just the code name. Nintendo never uses the code name in the final product.

Though I like your ideas.

DivinePaladin said:
Huh. Never thought I'd hear from PG again after PSAS ended. Good to see your site is still going.

Thank you.  Yeah, you have some wins and some losses.  Some stories/rumors I receive I run and they end up being true, 100%.  Some wind up being fake.  On the flip side, there have been many times where I've gotten a little story from a source here and there but chose not to run it because I thought it was fake and it wound up being true.  Those suck.

And then there's the ideal and that's when I have a great friend working behind the scenes who is more than a source and they provide me with facts and not rumors.  With PSASBR, some things went well and some didn't, but I always try to make the best decisions in the end.

I appreciate the comment though.  :)

Great work, Paul. But we do have a thing about posting rumors/ideas/etc. on the official NX thread. If you want you can copy and paste your topic there! However, as it stands NX stuff has to stay contained within those threads until we get more official info.

Around the Network
PaulGaleNetwork said:
DivinePaladin said:

Thank you.  Yeah, you have some wins and some losses.  Some stories/rumors I receive I run and they end up being true, 100%.  Some wind up being fake.  On the flip side, there have been many times where I've gotten a little story from a source here and there but chose not to run it because I thought it was fake and it wound up being true.  Those suck.

And then there's the ideal and that's when I have a great friend working behind the scenes who is more than a source and they provide me with facts and not rumors.  With PSASBR, some things went well and some didn't, but I always try to make the best decisions in the end.

PSAS really screwed you for a while, I'm sure. I was one of the guys who led the official PSAS forum for a good year or so (I was the daily thread guy, if you recall that far back), so I know the hell you went through there. Either way, good to see that you're still kicking. 

OT: I'm still personally expecting a couple handheld phone style models with different prices (a shitty $100 one, a better $150 one), and then a home device at around $300. The hardware is gonna be cheap to make by the time it launches, so I see it being low to make up for it being out two years late. 

I just hope the Gamepad works on it in some capacity, even if the NX Gamepad is a separate handheld that combines with the console. But that's neither here nor there. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
PaulGaleNetwork said:

PSAS really screwed you for a while, I'm sure. I was one of the guys who led the official PSAS forum for a good year or so (I was the daily thread guy, if you recall that far back), so I know the hell you went through there. Either way, good to see that you're still kicking. 

OT: I'm still personally expecting a couple handheld phone style models with different prices (a shitty $100 one, a better $150 one), and then a home device at around $300. The hardware is gonna be cheap to make by the time it launches, so I see it being low to make up for it being out two years late. 

I just hope the Gamepad works on it in some capacity, even if the NX Gamepad is a separate handheld that combines with the console. But that's neither here nor there. 

I hope that the GamePad works with the NX, too.  We'll see!  And I recognize you from the PSASBR days.  About the NX though, another thing I would really like to see be true, is a significant power boost over the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.  Coming out 3 years later...hopefully it'll be a nice bump!

superchunk said:
NX is just the code name. Nintendo never uses the code name in the final product.

Thanks a lot!

StarOcean said:
Great work, Paul. But we do have a thing about posting rumors/ideas/etc. on the official NX thread. If you want you can copy and paste your topic there! However, as it stands NX stuff has to stay contained within those threads until we get more official info.

If it has to be moved, that's ok.

PaulGaleNetwork said:
DivinePaladin said:

Thanks a lot!

StarOcean said:

If it has to be moved, that's ok.

We can also move it to General Discussion if you want to

superchunk said:

And the DS?

Gamemaster87 said:
superchunk said:

And the DS?

The DS worked out great...being a Developer's System and something with Dual Screens.  I think that NX could really work for Nintendo in this next gen.  Do you like the Infinite logo/idea behind the name?

StarOcean, do you have the link to where in the Nintendo section it would be better to share my topic?  Would it be in an existing thread?  (If so, I could put it in its link.)