By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts WEEK ENDING 31 October 2015

ethomaz said:
H3ADShOt3 said:
If this has no digital sales tracked I'm not surprised at all. Digital is pretty big on the one.

It is not big in any console.

Max 20% from last third-party reports.

I can even give the chance to you use 30% for Halo 5 and the sales are flop yet.

Source? Also didn't you see how high the digital code on amazon.com charted?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
H3ADShOt3 said:
If this has no digital sales tracked I'm not surprised at all. Digital is pretty big on the one.

I can even give the chance to you use 30% for Halo 5 and the sales are flop yet.

30% would it's launch in the ballpark of the ODST launch, right? And that one has gone on to sell 7-8 million physical+digital?

H3ADShOt3 said:

Source? Also didn't you see how high the digital code on amazon.com charted?

You made the claim digital sales are big lol... it is not... you need source.

Just look at last 3rd party financials... it is below 20% of the sales for consoles yet

Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:
H3ADShOt3 said:

30% would it's launch in the ballpark of the ODST launch, right? And that one has gone on to sell 7-8 million physical+digital?

30% is massive for small games. 30% for a huge game? close to impossible. The bigger the game the harder to achieve a huge %.

Not only that but Xbox games generally do not sell as well digitally as PS. Nintendo has it worst though. (Except Splatoon)

Hmm it seems like it wont sell 3.4 million as i expected. Maybe 2.4 million fw is a better prediction. ALso i expect the game to have 60k digital sales so around 210k in the UK

Around the Network

Apparently these sales are fine cause Halo is niche. Yeah I just read that somewhere else.

I knew Halo 5 would sell much less than previous Halo's. There was much less hype about this game as well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
I knew Halo 5 would sell much less than previous Halo's. There was much less hype about this game as well.

It is an effect that Xbone is responsible for, it also has close to no hype, and this is mainly due to MS. MS never was famous in social media ever, not once. It now hits them more than ever as social media becomes more and more important for marketing than ever.

This forum is, thanks to mods, quite civil when it comes to use of words but look at what happens on Youtube. Of course MS also has a huge responsibility for the bad image of the Xbone, all the 180's, being the less powerful console and all this stuff. Add to this that people just want to see MS fail in many ways, but especially in consoles. They were not wanted when they entered the console area and many out there would probably dance when MS would say "we failed with Xbox, will concentrate on PC now".

It's really interesting to see that people are not satisfied they bought the "right" console, they really want to see others fail, like my signature says. Add to this, there are people who even think they are "better" because they own the "right" console where others don't which is sometimes funny to see how discussions look then :)

343i are doing a far better job at killing halo then killzone did, also this gen it seams like a lot of franchises are shrinking that might be good news for people oping for new ips

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
343i are doing a far better job at killing halo then killzone did, also this gen it seams like a lot of franchises are shrinking that might be good news for people oping for new ips

That's not really an accomplishment.