By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

b00moscone said:
Lower than expected, but 85 is still a respectful score and shows it is an enjoyable game.

85% is acedemically an A! So tis nothing to be sniffed at at all.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
iceland said:

Today will be the deciding factor lol I'm surprised it doesn't have more reviews at this point. Xbox exclusives don't get as many reviews this gen. I'm expecting about 80 reviews

it seems after MCC, a lot of reviewers are waiting to see how the servers work. 

Understandably so, MCC's launch was a nightmare. I've only heard good things about H5's online though so maybe they learned their lesson.

iceland said:
bananaking21 said:

it seems after MCC, a lot of reviewers are waiting to see how the servers work. 

Understandably so, MCC's launch was a nightmare. I've only heard good things about H5's online though so maybe they learned their lesson.

The multiplayer servers are amazing for such a huge release.

Goatseye said:
Ali_16x said:
Machiavellian said:

Not sure on that point.  I do not know any Halo players that will play on Normal.  I guess your average casual player will but then again it probably will take them longer than 5-6 hours.  Pretty much all Halo games are about 8 hours for your average joe COD player and since COD is pretty much the same lenght I doubt it will be an issue.

Well most of a games sales come from casuals and considering how most casuals play multiplayer games a shit ton and are pretty skilled it should also take them 5-6 hours. I've seen casuals play, they're just like us. I think you're just underestimating casuals. I think the only difference is the games we play.

Thos are not casuals. That would be the same as calling SP only players causuals, because they only like one game mode.

The thing is, I never hear casual players complain about 5 to 6 hour campaings in COD games or any other FPS game in particular.  Most experienced Halo players play on Heroic which will be the majority of the people who purchase the game.  This is not like the first game of the series so its not like people do not understand how the difficulty works in the series.  For any new Halo player, yes they will be starting on normal but then again they probably will not finish the game in 5 to 6 hours and if they do its not like you do not have a wealth of other things to do in the game to make your money worth the purchase.  

For FPS shooters like Halo, COD, Killzone, Battlefield ect that have extensive either MP, Co-op and other modes of play, your Normal always plays about 5 to 6 hours for experience FPS players and close to 8 to 10 on the more challenging difficulty.  This has been this way for a long time so not sure why people seem to act like its suddenly became this way just for this one game.

Haven't played the single player get, just the mp. And so far I gotta say it might be the best shooter I've ever played. My favorite competitive shooters are halo 2, 3, and gears 1. It's too early to say if it's better than those only time will tell, but it's in the conversation. Easily better than halo 4's mp which was very good, but worst in the series.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Zekkyou said:
jlmurph2 said:
2 hours and 30 minutes into Legendary with 4 player co-op and we just finished the 2nd mission. Those reviewers are obviously playing on Easy.

I expect the majority of reviewers play on normal, which is perfectly reasonable. If it's balanced properly that's the difficulty setting that should give you the most organic idea of how much content a game has.

Don't Halo games usually say in the difficulty descriptions that Heroic is the difficulty the game is meant to be played on though?

I don't know about Halo 5, but Halo 4's labels were fairly standard stuff like 'for players with shooter experience' and 'for halo veterans'. 

As i mentioned though, what i said is on the assumption that 'Normal' is balanced properly (i.e. average). Lacking the ability to know how easy or hard a game is before actually playing it, 'Normal' is usually what i expect a reviewer will settle on (if there's a choice). If they think it's too easy for the average player, that's usually mentioned in the review. Gets brought up about R&C a lot :p

Just like The Order 1886 metacritic month, we will soon have a lot of threads about how great of a game Halo 5 is and the campaign length is not what some reviewers are saying.

86 on metacritic at the moment.

IGN review 9/10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/26/halo-5-guardians-review

Hell yeah, smooth recovery!