By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

iceland said:
ethomaz said:
The MP didn't look so awesome like some early reviews said...

based on personal experience? videos? other reviews? Hope?

More than likely hope.  He drools over Destiny.  

MP is really fun.  Enjoy breakout a lot.  

Around the Network
iceland said:
ethomaz said:

Based off newer reviews and general impressions from reading GAF. Still a 8-9, but for most people it's not as perfect of an experience as early impressions made it out to be. Specifically the maps are getting a fair amount of criticism.

foodfather said:
ethomaz said:

Nonsense. The MP is best in its class. Hands down the most accomplished MP experience since Halo 3. The game play is sublime as well.  Based on this it should be an easy 10/10.

It's the rubbish campaign  that's not so "awesome". The heads at 343 just don't have a clue when it comes storytelling. Even the forced squad/coop stuff is out of place in the Master Chief segments. 

lol not nonsense.

ethomaz said:

Based on what? What PlayStation only gamers have said on other forums? :)

iceland said:
ethomaz said:

Based on my experience... I found the MP to be more fun than Destiny TTK MP (the actual one) but less fun than Destiny vanilla MP (love TLW).

For now there are these issues in Halo 5 MP for me: few modes, few maps (good ones), low variaties, no Forge and a big aim issue for pro players that hold the competitive scenario.

They will get there but it not near awesome the first reviews said and they are seeing that now.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:

Based on what? What PlayStation only gamers have said on other forums? :)

lol I played it today.

It is a huge step foward compared with Halo 4.

Edit - Xbone and more specifically Halo forums are saying that... PS forums didn't talk about Halo.

I've played one match of Arena CTF and a few Warzone games. Is incredibly fun. They've somehow changed a lot of stuff yet it still plays like the Halo I remember, which I haven't really played much at all since Halo 2.

I can see reviewers scoring it in the mid 8's. The online is going to be ever growing, ever changing. It's like Titanfall or Destiny. The scores it gets now don't really represent the quality of what the game might be to you now or others in the future. Some put more weight on the SP. Or all weight on the SP. Others more MP or all MP.

You see a lot of trolls talking about how Halo has fallen and 343 can't match Bungie... well their first crack this gen has so far matched Bungie's major revision at trying to unfuck all the things they fucked up in Destiny. And all shooters as a whole seem to be reviewing much lower this gen. I don't think any of us have doubts that had hyped shooters like Titanfall, CoD2K14, Destiny, and Halo 5 launched last gen they'd have all scored 90+ easily.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I've played one match of Arena CTF and a few Warzone games. Is incredibly fun. They've somehow changed a lot of stuff yet it still plays like the Halo I remember, which I haven't really played much at all since Halo 2.

I can see reviewers scoring it in the mid 8's. The online is going to be ever growing, ever changing. It's like Titanfall or Destiny. The scores it gets now don't really represent the quality of what the game might be to you now or others in the future. Some put more weight on the SP. Or all weight on the SP. Others more MP or all MP.

You see a lot of trolls talking about how Halo has fallen and 343 can't match Bungie... well their first crack this gen has so far matched Bungie's major revision at trying to unfuck all the things they fucked up in Destiny. And all shooters as a whole seem to be reviewing much lower this gen. I don't think any of us have doubts that had hyped shooters like Titanfall, CoD2K14, Destiny, and Halo 5 launched last gen they'd have all scored 90+ easily.

All these shooters you listed have flaws that makes them below 90+ even in previous gens.

Nope, not on last gens review scale.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Nope, not on last gens review scale.

It is the same.

Similar games are getting the same score... remasters are getting the same scores... the review scale didn't changed.

The quality of the game did changed... they have more issues and less wow factor than last gen for now... the trully gens will come.

Edit - I had this serious talk in GAF days ago and nobody could prove the review scale changed from last gen to this gen... looking the MC games it continues the same.