By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade cronicles x vs fallout 4. It's showdown time! UPDATE Fallout 4 89 metacritic

Which one, if any will you be getting?

Xenoblade x 299 49.42%

Fallout 4 152 25.12%

Both 105 17.36%

Neither. 49 8.10%

Total:605

bizarre sales/buy poll results, I like Nintendo as much as the next guy but for Xenoblade to be dominating this poll shows that this forum is definitely heavily favorable of Nintendo fans  vs. other platforms fans

in general Fallout 4 will probably outsell Xenoblade by like a 10-1 ratio overall so the poll is baffling haha

in terms of which will get the better Metacritic and ratings in general? hard to say but I imagine probably Fallout 4 considering how much critics seem to enjoy the series. if its anything in the vain of Fallout 3 it will undoubtedly win (that game is amazing but sometimes may earn even overpraise in terms of it being like a universal GOTY in ratings forums for 2008)

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

bizarre sales/buy poll results, I like Nintendo as much as the next guy but for Xenoblade to be dominating this poll shows that this forum is definitely heavily favorable of Nintendo fans  vs. other platforms fans

in general Fallout 4 will probably outsell Xenoblade by like a 10-1 ratio overall so the poll is baffling haha

in terms of which will get the better Metacritic and ratings in general? hard to say but I imagine probably Fallout 4 considering how much critics seem to enjoy the series. if its anything in the vain of Fallout 3 it will undoubtedly win (that game is amazing but sometimes may earn even overpraise in terms of it being like a universal GOTY in ratings forums for 2008)

Actually even on Nintendo bias side, I think this site is biased against JRPG over WRPG...even if WRPG are a more popular genre these day.  So double bias!

JNK said:
HoloDust said:

If I was a guessing man, I would guess he means that in poll it's very possible that XCX will 'win', while in reality FO4 will outsell it some 10:1, if we're to go with FO3 vs XC figures.

so should i make a poll here on forums: Black ops III vs Bloodborne?

Obviously Bloodborne would win on the forums, but blops III would sell tons of units more. Sony fanboy forum detected?

Sales didnt come from quality. 80-90% of thje gaming community isnt really into all that gaming stuff. They just buy the games with best marketings and biggest names. Like really, almost all my friends do play video games but most dont even know metacritic nor have ever heard about xenoblade.

are you seriously implying that the kids who spend 10 hours a day playing Call of Duty aren't really 'into all that gaming stuff'? the reality is that people have different tastes. just because a ton of people out there seem to prefer casual first person shooters than heavily time consuming and frankly harder RPG's doesn't mean they're not 'into all that gaming stuff', in fact it means quite the opposite, just that they specifically have different tastes

I don't think anyone could deny that a game like Black Ops is pretty good for its genre, but if you're not a fan of shooters then obviously one won't appreciate it. apples and oranges in the end in terms of taste and comparisons 

Neither.
I liked Fallout 2 but couldn't stand the change in combat system after it. As for Xenoblade, I got bored of the first one after more or less 5 hs, same reason, hated the combat system.
No AAA rpgs for me, Stella Glow and Trails of Cold Steel are the ones I'm going to get.

Nogamez said:
97alexk said:

I will only buy Xenoblade chronicles X, i hope it gets the attention it deserves, but i really cant say what game will get best scores, i dont care really anyway.

Fair enough but it's always nice if a game you like receives critical acclaim.

honestly not really lol.

I have enjoyed games rated a 6-8 much more than some rated a 9-10

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Nogamez said:

Fair enough but it's always nice if a game you like receives critical acclaim.

honestly not really lol.

I have enjoyed games rated a 6-8 much more than some rated a 9-10

I'm enjoying Fatal Frame!

Xenoblade ftw

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nogamez said:

Any other big AAA rpgs out before Xmas? 

Other than F4? None that I can remember

I'll get F4 but only when the GOTY edition is 10€

mountaindewslave said:

Most of Fallout's target audience aren't on gaming forum sites, simple as that. I know I'm getting Xenoblade Chronicles X as I enjoyed the original.

I am truly shocked XC is winning. How the hell is it beating Fallout 4?

Obviously, Fallout 4 is my choice. Got the pip boy edition and all.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian