By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade cronicles x vs fallout 4. It's showdown time! UPDATE Fallout 4 89 metacritic

Which one, if any will you be getting?

Xenoblade x 299 49.42%

Fallout 4 152 25.12%

Both 105 17.36%

Neither. 49 8.10%

Total:605
Wyrdness said:
Why are people moaning about the poll results when the op simply asked which one people will get?

The fact that there soon to be unreleased favorite game without playing it isn't winning the internet poll that CLEARLY matters.

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles X. dont get me wrong, Fallout 4 looks amazing, but Xenoblade is a new IP so it has more potential than an IP that is already well established. plus, the first xenoblade is considered one of the best RPGs of all time and i cant wait to see if its sequel holds up

I Would love to get both at launch, but ive been spending rather a lot on games recently. So I will get Xenoblade day one and Fallout 4 sometime next year.

BraLoD said:
XCX won't touch F4 neither in score and much less on sales, so I can't see why put those to versus one another.
That being said, hope both are good games and whatever you get you enjoy a lot :)

I guess because they're kinda similar? They both have a huge world to explore...... Aand  that's about all I got from the top of my head.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:
XCX won't touch F4 neither in score and much less on sales, so I can't see why put those to versus one another.
That being said, hope both are good games and whatever you get you enjoy a lot :)

Score wise, it could be pretty close.  Xenoblade scored 92 and Fallout 3 scored 93 on 360 and 91 on PC.  So the scores could be quite close.  Especially when you consider Xenoblade is thematically more in line with Western trends as is the game design.  And previews are pretty even.  That is, mostly positive with outlying detractors.

Sales won't be even close though.  I could see Fallout 4 doing Skyrim numbers potentially while Xenoblade would have to be extremely lucky to cross 1.5mil.

Around the Network

Fallout 4 on Day One. I anticipate putting 500 or more hours into it. It's probably my favorite franchise.

Xenoblade X doesn't really interest me. I don't like mecha very much and the combat system does nothing for me.

BraLoD said:
Nuvendil said:

Score wise, it could be pretty close.  Xenoblade scored 92 and Fallout 3 scored 93 on 360 and 91 on PC.  So the scores could be quite close.  Especially when you consider Xenoblade is thematically more in line with Western trends as is the game design.  And previews are pretty even.  That is, mostly positive with outlying detractors.

Sales won't be even close though.  I could see Fallout 4 doing Skyrim numbers potentially while Xenoblade would have to be extremely lucky to cross 1.5mil.

92? Thought it was 88, must be the N3DS version then.

Then sure, it can be close, and now I can see a point to the thread xP

Even though, Fallout hype is high, so it should have a better score, but them can end being close.

Monolith Soft once said they want to be the Bethesda of Japan. He wanted to proof that with Xenoblade Chronicles X in fact. But I don't think Bethesda's games get fair reviews. So many bugs, glitches, poor framerate and more and no critic mentions it!

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Xenoblade gets more votes, but FO4 gets more sales.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Fallout 4 would be the most successful in sales and critic reviews. I don't know anything about the Xenoblade series, but that doesn't disqualifies me to say that due to Fallout's rabid fanbase on the three platforms, it will sell more both in launch and lifetime. On the sales aspect, it doesn't help that XCX is exclusive to the Wii U.

Fallout 4 all day baby!! Already bought on PSN and can't wait. Don't have a Wii U but XenoX looks pretty awesome as well.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros