By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade cronicles x vs fallout 4. It's showdown time! UPDATE Fallout 4 89 metacritic

Which one, if any will you be getting?

Xenoblade x 299 49.42%

Fallout 4 152 25.12%

Both 105 17.36%

Neither. 49 8.10%

Total:605

Xenoblade

Around the Network

I won't be buying Fallout 4 because I don't have an XBO or PS4! However, I do own a Wii U and hope to rent XCX before I buy it because I've never played a jrpg before.

This forum doesn't appear to to be very representative of the industry. Fallout 4 is obviously gonna sell a hell of a lot more!
I'm more excited about Xenoblade though.

Alot of people asking why I'm comparing these two games together? They are both big (game world) AAA rpgs that release in the same release window.

Fallout 3 metacritic sits at 90 (ps3) 91 (pc) and 93 (360) Fallout Vegas is 84(360) and 82 (pc)

Xenoblade wii sits at 92 and n3ds (88)

So why not compare them?

Both. Because I loved Xenoblade Chronicles and I love Bethesda games. They'll keep me busy for a little while... Might have to wait for other games though!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:

Any other big AAA rpgs out before Xmas?  If so I'll update title

Tales of Zestiria, anyone?

I have Xenoblade X and I have little interest in WRPG, but I'm pretty sure Fallout is far deeper than Xeno X in narrative and gameplay. Fallout 4 will score significantly higher and will sell a LOT more.

Seeing as I've had XCX for ages I guess I'm in the "getting/got both" camp. Will likely buy fallout 4 for ps4 then double dip for PC version when it ends up in sales

HoloDust said:
JNK said:
HoloDust said:

If I was a guessing man, I would guess he means that in poll it's very possible that XCX will 'win', while in reality FO4 will outsell it some 10:1, if we're to go with FO3 vs XC figures.

so should i make a poll here on forums: Black ops III vs Bloodborne?

Obviously Bloodborne would win on the forums, but blops III would sell tons of units more. Sony fanboy forum detected?

Sales didnt come from quality. 80-90% of thje gaming community isnt really into all that gaming stuff. They just buy the games with best marketings and biggest names. Like really, almost all my friends do play video games but most dont even know metacritic nor have ever heard about xenoblade.

Maybe you should make that poll - ironically (given the sentiment of your post), you will prove my point that forum polls like this one are really bad indicator of real world sales.

Make a poll asking people here which they think will sell most.... 90% will vote for fallout4.

This is a poll asking people here what they want most, and yes this site has alot of nintendo fans.

mountaindewslave said:

are you seriously implying that the kids who spend 10 hours a day playing Call of Duty aren't really 'into all that gaming stuff'? the reality is that people have different tastes. just because a ton of people out there seem to prefer casual first person shooters than heavily time consuming and frankly harder RPG's doesn't mean they're not 'into all that gaming stuff', in fact it means quite the opposite, just that they specifically have different tastes

I don't think anyone could deny that a game like Black Ops is pretty good for its genre, but if you're not a fan of shooters then obviously one won't appreciate it. apples and oranges in the end in terms of taste and comparisons 

Call of duty isnt even good for its genre. Check metaciritc or amazon ratings, the customers arnt even satisfied with the game.

Different tastes doesnt come into play when 90% of the gaming community dont even know one of to games exist. 

This thread didnt want to check which games will sell better, it wanted to check how people who really bother with gaming will act like. People who know more about those 2 games as just a trailer.

Its the same with all the console war. Make a poll here on forums and obviously wii  u will do much better as it is doing in terms of sales.

But why? Ask 10 none gaming people about ps4, xbox one and wii u. Probl 9/10 will know ps4/xbox one but be sure, half of that people wont even know whats a wii u. Like wii? The thing with the motio controller?

Marketing make sales in gaming, thats a fact. Quality has almost no impact on sales, but people who really bother with gaming (which are a minority) and invest alot time to compare games will come to another result.

Marketing = sales to the casuals (big majority)

Quality = sales to hardcore gamer (big minority)

Guys this isn't a which will sell more thread that's a giving, a non starter. I was simply asking this specific community which game(s),they were getting and how they think they will be critically received seeing as the previous two installments (versions) of both games are universally acclaimed as meta puts it.