By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade cronicles x vs fallout 4. It's showdown time! UPDATE Fallout 4 89 metacritic

Which one, if any will you be getting?

Xenoblade x 299 49.42%

Fallout 4 152 25.12%

Both 105 17.36%

Neither. 49 8.10%

Total:605
Nem said:
mountaindewslave said:

are you seriously implying that the kids who spend 10 hours a day playing Call of Duty aren't really 'into all that gaming stuff'? the reality is that people have different tastes. just because a ton of people out there seem to prefer casual first person shooters than heavily time consuming and frankly harder RPG's doesn't mean they're not 'into all that gaming stuff', in fact it means quite the opposite, just that they specifically have different tastes

I don't think anyone could deny that a game like Black Ops is pretty good for its genre, but if you're not a fan of shooters then obviously one won't appreciate it. apples and oranges in the end in terms of taste and comparisons 

I'm with JNK on this. Some posters are quick to jump to the victimisation. Sales to all audience vs the opinion or sales range of a group of hardcore gamers will be vastly different. Wether its within the same genre or not. I really dislike people making labels and trying to make of this another us vs them console war thread. Shock, but people may have played the predecessors and really enjoyed them wich makes this sample from a hardcore group of gamers very understandable. what would be weird is that because Xeno is a Nintendo game hardcore gamers would be showing their bias and say: i don't even play Nintendo games because its not on my console of choice and i will ignore gaming quality.

I dont know what goes over some people's head to think that there is a "right" opinion and that is to side with the majority, wich creates conflicts when they see something like this. Yes, Fallout 4 will sell more, but in this hardcore gamer community, Xenoblade X will sell more. That is not strange to me.

What this poll reveals is a big maturity on these forums. Quite honestly bigger than i thought. Not beeing swayed by the perceived majority and forming your own opinion regardless of what the majority thinks is the sign of maturity and mental independence. I applaud the honesty that this poll shows.

Quite honestly i though the "both" option was gonna win. I am pretty surprised.

People who buy Xenoblade X are more mature than people who buy Fallout 4? Or people who form their own opinions are more mature? People who buy Fallout 4 don't have their own opinions?

I'm sorry, I'm just confused.

As for myself, I played Fallout 1 and 2 and loved them both, Fallout 3 was good but not great, New Vegas was great in my opinion and I'm looking forward to Fallout 4 as well. That opinion and expectation is built around an almost 20 year old love for the series and the setting and not hype or juvenile peer pressure. I'm not saying that many of the buyers won't be the customers brought in by the latter, Bethesda started pulling more casual strings with Oblivion and took it to another level with Skyrim, and it resulted in amazing sales, but there are a lot of people who buy them for being solid titles and for enjoying the settings, gameplay and overall genres as well.

To me, this sounds like another attempt at "people who play Nintendo games are mature, others are not", or "Nintendo gamers are the true hardcore gamers",  which is something people have been saying in here for nearly a decade. I could be completely misinterpreting your last bit but it honestly sounds like that old schtick.

I voted Fallout 4 and I'm also being completely honest and not swayed by majority opinion; if anything, I've been a careful skeptic all along and I've offered a bunch of criticism towards Bethesda games and other so called "AAA" games for many years in here. Besides; who's to say that people aren't being swayed by mass opinions on Nintendo platforms as well and not really making their own (mature) choices?

Around the Network
Nem said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Tales of Zestiria, anyone?

I have Xenoblade X and I have little interest in WRPG, but I'm pretty sure Fallout is far deeper than Xeno X in narrative and gameplay. Fallout 4 will score significantly higher and will sell a LOT more.

In terms of open world and technical quality, ToZ is not even close to the same ballpark. I say this as someone who tends to buy all tales games and i have gotten the PS4 version of ToZ. Tales is not an AAA RPG. I wish it was.

The sad thing that it was an AAA RPG, but anything after Vesperia (I assume this cost them a lot), the quality and the unique length dips. 

Mummelmann said:
Nem said:

I'm with JNK on this. Some posters are quick to jump to the victimisation. Sales to all audience vs the opinion or sales range of a group of hardcore gamers will be vastly different. Wether its within the same genre or not. I really dislike people making labels and trying to make of this another us vs them console war thread. Shock, but people may have played the predecessors and really enjoyed them wich makes this sample from a hardcore group of gamers very understandable. what would be weird is that because Xeno is a Nintendo game hardcore gamers would be showing their bias and say: i don't even play Nintendo games because its not on my console of choice and i will ignore gaming quality.

I dont know what goes over some people's head to think that there is a "right" opinion and that is to side with the majority, wich creates conflicts when they see something like this. Yes, Fallout 4 will sell more, but in this hardcore gamer community, Xenoblade X will sell more. That is not strange to me.

What this poll reveals is a big maturity on these forums. Quite honestly bigger than i thought. Not beeing swayed by the perceived majority and forming your own opinion regardless of what the majority thinks is the sign of maturity and mental independence. I applaud the honesty that this poll shows.

Quite honestly i though the "both" option was gonna win. I am pretty surprised.

People who buy Xenoblade X are more mature than people who buy Fallout 4? Or people who form their own opinions are more mature? People who buy Fallout 4 don't have their own opinions?

I'm sorry, I'm just confused.

As for myself, I played Fallout 1 and 2 and loved them both, Fallout 3 was good but not great, New Vegas was great in my opinion and I'm looking forward to Fallout 4 as well. That opinion and expectation is built around an almost 20 year old love for the series and the setting and not hype or juvenile peer pressure. I'm not saying that many of the buyers won't be the customers brought in by the latter, Bethesda started pulling more casual strings with Oblivion and took it to another level with Skyrim, and it resulted in amazing sales, but there are a lot of people who buy them for being solid titles and for enjoying the settings, gameplay and overall genres as well.

To me, this sounds like another attempt at "people who play Nintendo games are mature, others are not", or "Nintendo gamers are the true hardcore gamers",  which is something people have been saying in here for nearly a decade. I could be completely misinterpreting your last bit but it honestly sounds like that old schtick.

I voted Fallout 4 and I'm also being completely honest and not swayed by majority opinion; if anything, I've been a careful skeptic all along and I've offered a bunch of criticism towards Bethesda games and other so called "AAA" games for many years in here. Besides; who's to say that people aren't being swayed by mass opinions on Nintendo platforms as well and not really making their own (mature) choices?

Quoted for emphasis, you took the words out of my mouth.

Sadly, there are lot of people here who think that every other post is some sort of attack on Nintendo, though I don't expect it would be any different with any other fan base if it was some other 1st party title vs Fallout 4.

Fallout4

Who cares about the other one

Hard to know which one will score better to be honest.But if i had to guess, it will probably be Fallout 4, because it will have more hype and it is better known, though to be quite frankly i think Xenoblade X will be a better game, even if by just a little

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
mountaindewslave said:

bizarre sales/buy poll results, I like Nintendo as much as the next guy but for Xenoblade to be dominating this poll shows that this forum is definitely heavily favorable of Nintendo fans  vs. other platforms fans

in general Fallout 4 will probably outsell Xenoblade by like a 10-1 ratio overall so the poll is baffling haha

in terms of which will get the better Metacritic and ratings in general? hard to say but I imagine probably Fallout 4 considering how much critics seem to enjoy the series. if its anything in the vain of Fallout 3 it will undoubtedly win (that game is amazing but sometimes may earn even overpraise in terms of it being like a universal GOTY in ratings forums for 2008)

Most of Fallout's target audience aren't on gaming forum sites, simple as that. I know I'm getting Xenoblade Chronicles X as I enjoyed the original.

really? go to IGN or Gamespot forums and see which game is getting more attention in the forums from fanboys haha, you're off base on that. This is just a popular Nintendo fan site. I like Nintendo, no problem with that, but again when a game is probably going to outsell another by 10-1 the concept that more Xenoblade fans are on forums is just absurd

I am getting both. I am a big Fallout fan and a big Xeno- fan.

XCX for me even if i dont have a wiiu but i think the Western based site Metacritic will score f4 higher.

Alkibiádēs said:
BraLoD said:
Nuvendil said:

Score wise, it could be pretty close.  Xenoblade scored 92 and Fallout 3 scored 93 on 360 and 91 on PC.  So the scores could be quite close.  Especially when you consider Xenoblade is thematically more in line with Western trends as is the game design.  And previews are pretty even.  That is, mostly positive with outlying detractors.

Sales won't be even close though.  I could see Fallout 4 doing Skyrim numbers potentially while Xenoblade would have to be extremely lucky to cross 1.5mil.

92? Thought it was 88, must be the N3DS version then.

Then sure, it can be close, and now I can see a point to the thread xP

Even though, Fallout hype is high, so it should have a better score, but them can end being close.

Monolith Soft once said they want to be the Bethesda of Japan. He wanted to proof that with Xenoblade Chronicles X in fact. But I don't think Bethesda's games get fair reviews. So many bugs, glitches, poor framerate and more and no critic mentions it!

few games fit as much as Bethesda games do in their worlds while at the same time keeping download sizes low. Explore a GTA game and then explore a Bethesda game (especially Fallout) and you will immediately notice that there are incredibly more details and unique art and options in terms of interacting with characters

the reason Bethesda is unique in the gaming industry is because few other companies attempt to create open worlds with such freedom. I can't think of another open choice based game where you can literally kill all of the main NPC's if you want and the story will go (not that you would have much to do at that point haha)

naturally bugs will occur when so many options are allowed. I get the impression that Fallout 4 will be more bug-free though then previous installments by Bethesda, they have reiterated that they wanted to announce the game when it was almost done and to provide plenty of time to nail down any glitches so hopefully they'll keep their word with that

Nautilus said:
Hard to know which one will score better to be honest.But if i had to guess, it will probably be Fallout 4, because it will have more hype and it is better known, though to be quite frankly i think Xenoblade X will be a better game, even if by just a little

why does everyone keep saying that Fallout 4 will score a higher metacritic simply because of 'hype'? Both Xenoblade original and Fallout 3 scored extremely high and both of their sequels are extremely looked forward to

I don't think anyone who is being fair and balanced in their analysis could say that in 2008 Fallout 3 didn't deserve the reviews it got, it was pretty revolutionary for the time in terms of open world and choices in a FPS perspective. Fallout 4 appears (based on what gamers have been shown so far) to be pretty promising as well. if it scores higher then it will be because reviewers and gamers enjoyed it, nothing more. if it scores lower then the same applies

I find it hilarious so many people claiming that games they have never played before they expect to be 'just a little bit' or 'a lot' better than another game that they also have never played. bizarre.