By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why is almost everyone here a fanboy?

Do you guys have like the ability to delete threads?

Around the Network

Dammit VGC don't do this to me

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

JoeTheBro said:
Do you guys have like the ability to delete threads?

Nah. Only to lock them.

You make a good point though. There's definitely less of a focus on discussing games and promoting community activity than there is on merely causing a myriad of arguments via a copy pasted article. I guess when if happens once and its fine it sorta snowballs, as people either copy to get views or adjust their posting style to survive in these new threads.

Whether or not that makes everyone fanboys though... I dunno. I don't think that's fair. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

To the OP.

It's because we are a bunch of fanboys.  Admit it, you and I are fanboys about something.  I know because a lot of you are passionate about being right, like an obsession with you people.  Yeah, YOU PEOPLE, I'm not ashamed to use it.  I'm speaking to all the so called "non-fanboys" who come to this site strictly for the news and hearty discussion about how "Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year".  When almost every topic here is something a fanboy would come to visit.  Tell me, Sony Executive Weighs in on the Possibility of a Future Release of a PS4 With Improved..., is that something a non-fanboy would visit?  Does the normal person give so much rat's ass about The Flaws of the Metroid Prime Trilogy?  Some advice, when you go to a gay bar, expect to have a happy time.

Am I a fanboy?

Around the Network
Ouroboros24 said:

To the OP.

It's because we are a bunch of fanboys.  Admit it, you and I are fanboys about something.  I know because a lot of you are passionate about being right, like an obsession with you people.  Yeah, YOU PEOPLE, I'm not ashamed to use it.  I'm speaking to all the so called "non-fanboys" who come to this site strictly for the news and hearty discussion about how "Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year".  When almost every topic here is something a fanboy would come to visit.  Tell me, Sony Executive Weighs in on the Possibility of a Future Release of a PS4 With Improved..., is that something a non-fanboy would visit?  Does the normal person give so much rat's ass about The Flaws of the Metroid Prime Trilogy?  Some advice, when you go to a gay bar, expect to have a happy time.

I only checked last 2 threads mentioned now, but the latter two questions would definitely be answered with a definite yes. If you own a PS4 or intend to buy one, then the possibility of updated hardware in comparable to the N3DS and 3DS is a legitimate concern for a reasonable consumer.

The MPT thread seems to be just honest that person's opinion on what could be done better with the franchise by criticizing it. You are not a fanboy for constructive or just plain honest criticism, nor are you one for actually seeing what the user has to say and either agreeing or disagreeing.

I don't know what to tell about that Halo thread. Never visit sales threads and very rarely visit metacritic threads.

People will go to the same thread with different reasons. A fanboy will fanboy. Others won't.

Well if everyone would just stop supporting Xbox I'd be fine with the rest!

I am Iron Man

It´s a website about sales numbers which mainly interests/attracts shareholders and fanboys. There are sane people here who moved on and only come here for a good discussion so it´s not that bad

Well think about it. This is the place where all the scum gathers that wasn't sophisticated enough for GAF.

At least I'm not a fanboy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The site itself breeds that kind of user.

With it being primarily focussed around sales content, the typical VGC member tends to be more competitive. Instead of coming in here to see how the industry in general is doing, people come here to see how specific platforms/games are doing. Granted, we do get a fair share of brilliant users but when you compare it to the trouble causers they seem few and far between.

As someone who has been hanging around the site since late 07 and early 08 before making an account, this site has always been the same in regards to having trouble causers and fanboys. The problem in 2015 is that the sales content has been drained from the site, which gives neutral posters interested in the industry itself less of a reason to join, and points them towards other forums with bigger userbases.

When you stop providing sales content to your forum that was built around sales content, youre gonna have problems.

Edit - Our job as moderators on this forum would be much easier if we had the ability to ban people from specific forums. We have a lot of users here who are great in certain topics but poisonous in others. Those people really grind my gears.