By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

MDMAlliance said:
S.Peelman said:
And so it's confirmed to belong in the timeline and even has a definite position, is canon and has the same status as the other so-called 'mainline' games named LoZ. I can't call that a spin-off, the name did say it all, thank you very much. I'm not saying anyone can't recognize 'importance', or group them into primary and secondary, but this is a main game nonetheless.

I'll see if I can get the game today. Even though I don't like the look and concept of it, it's still a Zelda game; got to keep my collection up to date.

I'm pretty sure they shoehorned this title into the timeline after the fact.  That's because pretty much every single LoZ game has to go in there somewhere now.  If defining a mainline game as one that fits onto the timeline, then there really wont be any future LoZ spinoffs.
Nintendo is simply making contradictions by trying to appease fans who want an elaborate layout of when everything happens in the LoZ universe.

In the end, the timeline was a good idea but neither them or us are holding very good. It was cool to connect some games like OoT-MM or OoT-TWW, but trying to fit everything in it is not a very good idea.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
S.Peelman said:
And so it's confirmed to belong in the timeline and even has a definite position, is canon and has the same status as the other so-called 'mainline' games named LoZ. I can't call that a spin-off, the name did say it all, thank you very much. I'm not saying anyone can't recognize 'importance', or group them into primary and secondary, but this is a main game nonetheless.

I'll see if I can get the game today. Even though I don't like the look and concept of it, it's still a Zelda game; got to keep my collection up to date.

I'm pretty sure they shoehorned this title into the timeline after the fact.  That's because pretty much every single LoZ game has to go in there somewhere now.  If defining a mainline game as one that fits onto the timeline, then there really wont be any future LoZ spinoffs.
Nintendo is simply making contradictions by trying to appease fans who want an elaborate layout of when everything happens in the LoZ universe.

I don't think tying Zelda games to a timeline will mean that at all.  It just means they place another game into a timeline and keep the web going. It's not like it limits what the series can do. It can create even more alternate timelines, which may make things more interesting, or more of a mess, depending on how you look at it. The end of Zelda 2 has another split time line just waiting to happen.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
MDMAlliance said:
S.Peelman said:

I don't think tying Zelda games to a timeline will mean that at all.  It just means they place another game into a timeline and keep the web going. It's not like it limits what the series can do. It can create even more alternate timelines, which may make things more interesting, or more of a mess, depending on how you look at it. The end of Zelda 2 has another split time line just waiting to happen.

What I meant by there not being any future LoZ spinoffs is that if you define a mainline game as one that goes onto the timeline, nearly every LoZ game is going to be on it (if not all future releases).   That means that there wont be any LoZ "spinoffs" if that's how you define it.

MDMAlliance said:
Cloudman said:
MDMAlliance said:
S.Peelman said:

What I meant by there not being any future LoZ spinoffs is that if you define a mainline game as one that goes onto the timeline, nearly every LoZ game is going to be on it (if not all future releases).   That means that there wont be any LoZ "spinoffs" if that's how you define it.

Oh, I see. I got you now. Sorry about that. : P

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

70 meta sounds about right, although the wide ranges of scores is a little concerning.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda