By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

By your logic 90% of games are filler, everything that is not a the big AAA mainline Zelda, Mario, etc is a filler for you.

To dislike the reasons behind the existence of the game, may be legit, but to hate the game itself just because those reasons, is not. The game is a good spin off, it works, is very fun to play with friends, it has clever dungeons, great controls, a ton of new assets (yes, there are a lot of new assets, check it out, they reused the ALBTW engine but a lot of stuff is new), wonderfull music, and a fair amount of charm and humor, so why do we must hate it? If you don´t like it, just forget about it, not every game is for everyone.

I´m sure you would be saying the same about Four Swords if that was released today "Oh it´s a filler, how the mighty have fallen", yet today is remembered a great spin off of the saga

The first FS game came out as an expansion mode from ALTTP in the GBA version...

But I´m talking about Four Swords on GC.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

The first FS game came out as an expansion mode from ALTTP in the GBA version...

The game that came out a year after The Wind Waker, a real mainline Zelda game?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The game that came out a year after The Wind Waker, a real mainline Zelda game?

ALBW is, in my opinion, the best Zelda since Wind Waker, and It was released just 2 years ago. Now this is the new Four Swords, pretty similar of what happened on GC but this time on 3DS.

To add to what I said, the Zeldawiki also considers this to be a mainline game. Because it's named as such.

This game is such a mess, screwing up at every single thing, I really can't imagine what they were thinking they wanted to do. All could have been avoided if they would have just been clear about whether or not this is a spin-off, and named it as such like they did with other spin-offs. Now, it seems like, is named like, and is brought forth like it's a main game and seeing as it kind of sucks, it's getting low scores to boot.

S.Peelman said:

To add to what I said, the Zeldawiki also considers this to be a mainline game. Because it's named as such.

This game is such a mess, screwing up at every single thing, I really can't imagine what they were thinking they wanted to do. All could have been avoided if they would have just been clear about whether or not this is a spin-off, and named it as such like they did with other spin-offs. Now, it seems like, is named like, and is brought forth like it's a main game and seeing as it kind of sucks, it's getting low scores to boot.

What ? I mean, seriously, how ANYONE would think that the game is not a spin-off when you see that the game plays absolutely not like a classic & mainline Zelda.

Seriously people. Seriously.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
S.Peelman said:

What ? I mean, seriously, how ANYONE would think that the game is not a spin-off when you see that the game plays absolutely not like a classic & mainline Zelda.

Then why name it like one? Why is Four Swords a mainline game while that abomination doesn't play like a real Zelda either. Nintendo just f-ud up, and now it's a mess.

The same thing happens with MP Federation Force, which is also stupidly named.

S.Peelman said:
Edwardooo said:

Then why name it like one? Why is Four Swords a mainline game while that abomination doesn't play like a real Zelda either. Nintendo just f-ud up, and now it's a mess.

But Four Swords isn't mainline either, it's a multiplayer spin-off, just like Triforce Heroes. I mean, Mario Kart is a spin-off from Mario Bros, don't say me that you are troubled and don't know if Mario Kart is mainline or not.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They are called the triforce heroes, they are not Link, just 3 random guys, the whole game does not mention Link and that princess is not Zelda. They did that to not made fans like you angry because of the more comic lighthearted focus of this game, to make clear that this game is something different from the typical Zelda, a spin off that you should not take so seriously, just have fun with it playing with friends. Yet here you are making a drama because this is not an AAA mainline Zelda.

Oh, good. So, it was clearly a spin-off since the beggining. Basically, a filler because there's nothing more to come to the console. Glad to see we agree.

If you didn't know something they're revealed almost day one, do you really have any right to shit on this game? Come on, that's just ridiculous. I barely followed the game until a week ago and I knew that early on. I get that you don't like the concept, but if you're not even going to do the research to back up your stance and instead blindly bash it, you have no right to be in this thread. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Goodnightmoon said:

ALBW is, in my opinion, the best Zelda since Wind Waker, and It was released just 2 years ago. Now this is the new Four Swords, pretty similar of what happened on GC but this time on 3DS.

That's a good opinion.

For the record, a lot of people think this is leagues better than FSA. Just analyzing the mechanics, it seams that way. I still think it should have been an expansion to ALBW, though.

Edwardooo said:
S.Peelman said:

But Four Swords isn't mainline either, it's a multiplayer spin-off, just like Triforce Heroes. I mean, Mario Kart is a spin-off from Mario Bros, don't say me that you are troubled and don't know if Mario Kart is mainline or not.

Both FS are in the timeline...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile