By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

Pavolink said:

Both FS are in the timeline...

Canon =/= Mainline.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Pavolink said:

Both FS are in the timeline...

Canon =/= Mainline.

Good point.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

^^

Well if we're going to argue the finer points of the term 'mainline'...

I'm out, because to me 'mainline' is every game in the timeline ie. everything they call "Legend of Zelda", and spin-off is things like Link's Crossbow Training and Tingle. Hyrule Historia, basically the bible of Zelda, and the (although fanmade) Zeldawiki agree. If 'mainline' is something else, then where's the line? Is Majora's Mask mainline? They even literally called it "Zelda Sidestory" during development.

It's really simple. Does it play like a Zelda 2D or 3D ? Yeah ? Good, that's mainline.
It doesn't ? Spin-off. It's as simple as that. And Triforce Heroes plays nothing like ALBW for example, since the game is multiplayer focused and only in dungeon.

To me it's a spin off. I don't care for the time line frankly because one cannot exist. The time line is a convoluted mess and that's OK because it's not real life it's fantasy therefore they can do what the fuck they want and shouldn't have to justify it to a few diehard fans. It would be like trying to do a James bond time line, impossible unless you twist things to suit your time line.

Around the Network

Does it really matter if it's mainline or not...? What matters is if the game is good or not.. : / The MP looks fun to me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Does it really matter if it's mainline or not...? What matters is if the game is good or not.. : / The MP looks fun to me.

It looks fun to me too, but not $40 fun.

spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, that is a bit pricy for this game. 30 would be a better sweet spot.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
spemanig said:

On my country you can buy it on Amazon for about 33$, pretty close to the sweet spot :P

I guess it is similar for the rest of Europe.

Goodnightmoon said:
Cloudman said:

On my country you can buy it on Amazon for about 33$, pretty close to the sweet spot :P

I guess it is similar for the rest of Europe.

Well dang, aren't you lucky : P I didn't see a deal for the US on amazon yet.

Dance my pretties!