By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

Cloudman said:

Yeah, that is a bit pricy for this game. 30 would be a better sweet spot.

I'd say $20. I really don't think this is more than expansion pack quality content. That's not a bad thing, but it's just not premium product material.

Around the Network

Well, I tried it today with a friend and we had a blast playing it. Sure, it doesn't quite work the same if you play alone (because you can't actually shout to the other people lol), but I think it's a solid game. It's actually difficult. The special missions, specially the time trial ones, require some hard work. But well, I've already play the game about 3 hours and yeah, I like it. Online works almost flawlessly.

spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

I'd say $20. I really don't think this is more than expansion pack quality content. That's not a bad thing, but it's just not premium product material.

I think at 20, no would would be complaining, haha, but that would be very unlikely to happen with Nintendo... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

I think at 20, no would would be complaining, haha, but that would be very unlikely to happen with Nintendo... : X

Like I said, I think it should have been DLC, not a stand alone game. I honestly think the only reason it is is because they wanted to have titles to show at E3. Almost everything they showed at E3 recyles assets from older games. The reason is obvious.

spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

I'd say $2.0 I really don't think this is more than expansion pack quality content. That's not a bad thing, but it's just not premium product material.

Yep. Sweet, sweet spot.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Cloudman said:

Like I said, I think it should have been DLC, not a stand alone game. I honestly think the only reason it is is because they wanted to have titles to show at E3. Almost everything they showed at E3 recyles assets from older games. The reason is obvious.

I take it then that you also would have had the same opinion about Majora's Mask upon its release?

noname2200 said:

I take it then that you also would have had the same opinion about Majora's Mask upon its release?

No. While I see how you came to that conclusion, I don't think TH was trying to be anything more from inception.

spemanig said:
noname2200 said:

No. While I see how you came to that conclusion, I don't think TH was trying to be anything more from inception.

I haven't been closely following all the posts in the thread, so I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you mean by "trying to be anything more from inception."

noname2200 said:
spemanig said:
noname2200 said:

I haven't been closely following all the posts in the thread, so I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you mean by "trying to be anything more from inception."

MM started as an expansion, but through (effectively) a bet became its own game. TFH was always intended to use the engine for LBW without adding too much besides multiplayer. 

Now I don't think that's a bad thing personally, it's better than shoehorning in multiplayer and possibly hurting another Zelda's quality. But it's clear this game was always meant as a piggyback game to make more use of the pretty good engine LBW used

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

By the way, guys, Majora's Mask wasn't conceived as an expansion. When the Zelda team finished with Ocarina of Time, Miyamoto wanted to do a DLC of it. Anouma stated that he'd rather do a whole new game, and Miyamoto challenged him to do it in the spawn of one year; thus, Majora's Mask was created, but that's also the reason it borrows so many elements from Ocarina of Time.