By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Use your imagination to describe developers' reaction to NX dev kit

Konami: Is this pachinko?

EA: Does it play games? Does it allow microtransactions? Ask the second question first.

Capcom: Hey, I can release old Megaman games here too.

T2, Rockstar: Oh, look, a system that won't get GTA, that's an unusual sight.

Minecraft: Oh, look, another system to put Minecraft in, right?...Right?

Activision: ToCoD, or not to CoD? That, is the Destiny.

Sega: I'll make Sonic games, but please don't ask for refunds.

Square Enix: I'll bring games, sure! Maybe I even bring them to the west, too! Isn't that great?

Namco-Bandai: ♪♪Mugendai na yume no ato no nanimo nai yo no naka ja, sou sa itoshii omoi mo makesou ni naru kedo...♪♪

Bethesda: You say this comes from "Nintendo"? What is that, some kind of card manufacturer?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

EA : "Wow, it looks enough powerful to run our best Fifa game...Let's give it a legacy edition"

All devs: No! Why?!? They finally had the power!! Weighty?!?!

Nintendo: What? Controlling games by whispering sweet nothings is the future!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I cried with this thread.

Kresnik said:

(The dog is the dev kit)

Lol. You just made my day. Which is saying something, given that my day is only 34 minutes in.

Around the Network

Ubisoft: Can it run Rayman 2? Port it.
EA: Get out.
SE: Let's "consider" DQXI in this new toaster to release in some years *everyone laughs*
SE second reaction: It can run our new games, please be excited.
Capcom: Something on-rails or it's dead for us.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Starting with Nintendo designers and affiliates

Hideki Konno - "Wait, a hybrid handheld and console? Does that mean I only have to make one Mario Kart next gen?"

Katsuya Eguchi - "Do I have to make an actual new Animal Crossing, or can I do a City Folk sort of thing?"

Eiji Aounuma - "I wonder if this console will be out long enough for me to get a Zelda out."

Takeshi Tezuka - "Whatever. Would you prefer I name it New Super Mario Bros 3 or New Super Mario Bros X?"

Yoshio Sakamoto - "Do I focus on making a new Metroid that will make fans revile me even more, or should I focus on a crazy WarioWare thing that uses the newest control gimmick? Yes, that was rhetorical."

Monolith Soft - "OPEN WORLD MECH RPG WITH DOGFIGHTS BETWEEN HUNDREDS OF MECHS ONSCREEN MOVING AT LIGHT SPEED!!!!1! Just install 10 gigs onto that SD Card first."

Next Level Games - "You know, if we developed Federation Force for this platform, maybe people would hate it a bit less. Oh who are we kidding!"

HAL Laboratory - "...sigh... I suppose we can release a Kirby game for it eventually... if we must..."

Intelligent Systems - "Seeing how AlphaDream is hijacking our own Mario RPG series anyway, I suppose we can get Advance Wars back into business. And we can still release Fire Emblem and Pushmo games. And we can still work with other studios on their games. Wow, we make HAL Laboratory look lazy!"

Game Freak - "A hybrid what? Console? What's a console?"

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:

Game Freak CEO - "A hybrid what? Console? What's a console?"

Game Freak CEO advisor "It's those things we release Tembo: The Badass Elephant on"

Game Freak: "Finally we can make a main series Pokémon game with powerful hardware *laughs* who am I kidding, we're only focusing on the handheld controller and we'll eventualy make it possible to see the overworld on the TV at such a size that people will be able to count pixels"

Hideki Kamiya : repeat as I've told you 100000000000 times !! Enough of your "did you try our dev kit ?" or I'll block you !! *Releases an hyped niche game on it anyway*