By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think my Amiibo addiction is a bit out of control.

archer9234 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
cutzman25 said:

Im a all around gaming fan, I own all the consoles new and old so im not a fanboy or any type.  However with Amiibos it started off with one or two that I thought were cool looking (and im generally a person who keeps things in its original packaging) but now I cant seem to stop picking these damn things up.  I have no intent to use them as I only have 3 games for my Wii U (what a let down of a console).  Anways just wanted to share my collection.  I have a few more incoming so it is obviously growing.  Next step more shelves!!! 

Thank God you left them in their boxes! You don't know what you risked! RIP poor Zackasaurus and Panama, you were so young...    

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=366

That cops such a idiot. There is a way to deal with figure packaging. Use heat to make the glue fall off. Hairdryer works good. Then stick on velco. When you want to store the figures in the box. You're good to go.

Truely pathologically obsessive collectors would feel they aren't anymore in mint condition even using that trick, the strip mocks them, not the other ones that have a healthier attitude towards their hobby.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

3 Wii U games.... like 47? amiibos unopened and never used, sitting on a shelf.

; _ ;

I guess nintendo is happy your supporting them... but this just feels so assbackwards.

I really hope NX comes along and just blows everyone away with tons and tons of quality games.

well nintendo just learn how much money they can made by selling cheap toys to people and the people actually even support this... So why should they develop quality games if their fans are already pleased with easy and cheap toys?

PS: I hate amiibos^^

Alby_da_Wolf said:
archer9234 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
cutzman25 said:

Im a all around gaming fan, I own all the consoles new and old so im not a fanboy or any type.  However with Amiibos it started off with one or two that I thought were cool looking (and im generally a person who keeps things in its original packaging) but now I cant seem to stop picking these damn things up.  I have no intent to use them as I only have 3 games for my Wii U (what a let down of a console).  Anways just wanted to share my collection.  I have a few more incoming so it is obviously growing.  Next step more shelves!!! 

Thank God you left them in their boxes! You don't know what you risked! RIP poor Zackasaurus and Panama, you were so young...    

That cops such a idiot. There is a way to deal with figure packaging. Use heat to make the glue fall off. Hairdryer works good. Then stick on velco. When you want to store the figures in the box. You're good to go.

Truely pathologically obsessive collectors would feel they aren't anymore in mint condition even using that trick, the strip mocks them, not the other ones that have a healthier attitude towards their hobby.

I'm never those people. When I buy something, I intended to use it. Not stare at the box.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
cutzman25 said:

It happened to my friend when i was about to unseal Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 for GCN.... I wanna play.

The price was 10 bucks though, SEALED FACTORY.

I unsealed it!

Get the monkey!

https://youtu.be/LSTY6BmI2n0

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

The console isn't a letdown. The letdown is the fact none of the games releasing on it appeal to you.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

So what do you do with them? Just look at them?

Damn, you have an awesome collection sir. I have 16 amiibos so far, but I dont feel like buying more atm. Just relax and enjoy uyour hobby sir.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I'm surprised you didn't get the three pack with Game N Watch, Duck Hunt and R.O.B. in it. I only have that and a few others...picking up a yarn Yoshi tomorrow...I wanted one since they announced em'.

Make it So.

To be honest, I would never see myself collect that many Amiibos. I just don't think it's worth it. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---