By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think my Amiibo addiction is a bit out of control.

Why, though.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I had no money to pre order falco, so will have to wait in line. Which is fine, gives me a chance to talk to real vgamers instead of internet ones.

Ouch. My FEELS!!!  :p jk

I hear ya. Also if you've been paying attention to the Amiibo market, they don't sell out like they use to. I'm sure there will be plenty of Falco's left. My current Best Buy had so many Pit and Dark Pits available along with Captain Falcons. They have a bunch of Shulks as well. Plenty of them to go around.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

spurgeonryan said:
I had no money to pre order falco, so will have to wait in line. Which is fine, gives me a chance to talk to real vgamers instead of internet ones.

Internet forums full of fake vgamers confirmed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

97alexk said:
cutzman25 said:

Im a all around gaming fan, I own all the consoles new and old so im not a fanboy or any type.  However with Amiibos it started off with one or two that I thought were cool looking (and im generally a person who keeps things in its original packaging) but now I cant seem to stop picking these damn things up.  I have no intent to use them as I only have 3 games for my Wii U (what a let down of a console).  Anways just wanted to share my collection.  I have a few more incoming so it is obviously growing.  Next step more shelves!!! 

what a let down? ehm i have like 20 Wii U games. and i have over 10 000 hours on my Wii U, hmm weird that it is a let down for you

10 000?! So 1 800 000 seconds per game, or 500 hours, or 21 consecutive days per game, 10 000 hours equals to 10 hours EACH day since the wii u's release, seems higly unlikely.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Wow! Excellent collection, for sure!

I don´t think it seems you´re out of control.... there are people out there who buys always 02 pieces of every amiibo: one for using with the games and another for keeping in its original package. I´ve even heard of some people who are buying three of each one.

Think about it..... in the future, your collection will be worth a lot of money, probably more than what you spent.

Around the Network

Oh man, you described my amiibo addiction perfectly; just bought a few and then I couldn't stop. Yes, I may have a problem...

And as someone pointed out, it is a total waste of money, at least in the practical sense, but I love 'em.  The big problem is that it would be unnecessary to have to run out and buy them all right away if Nintendo would just get their sh!t together distributing them.

Tmfwang said:
97alexk said:
cutzman25 said:

Im a all around gaming fan, I own all the consoles new and old so im not a fanboy or any type.  However with Amiibos it started off with one or two that I thought were cool looking (and im generally a person who keeps things in its original packaging) but now I cant seem to stop picking these damn things up.  I have no intent to use them as I only have 3 games for my Wii U (what a let down of a console).  Anways just wanted to share my collection.  I have a few more incoming so it is obviously growing.  Next step more shelves!!! 

what a let down? ehm i have like 20 Wii U games. and i have over 10 000 hours on my Wii U, hmm weird that it is a let down for you

10 000?! So 1 800 000 seconds per game, or 500 hours, or 21 consecutive days per game, 10 000 hours equals to 10 hours EACH day since the wii u's release, seems higly unlikely.

I can do 300 hours in one Pokemon game. There's so many varables here. And I usually own both versions. So 600 hours with 2 games.

Glad I don't have the same problem lol

Cobretti2 said:

Glad I don't have the same problem lol

Impressive indeed! You got 41 or more?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Pavolink said:
kitler53 said:

wow. at risk of sounding like an asshole,.. what a waste of money.

It's a waste of money and because of that they are developing games like Amiibo Crossing. The horrors.

irrelavant,.. OP clearly stated "and im generally a person who keeps things in its original packaging" which was reenforced by the picture of everything in it's orginal packaging.

..and it's like my opinion man.  i can see at least 45 amiibo in the pic so at over $10 a peice that's at least $450 on pieces of plastic he won't ever even take out of the packaging.  that is just a huge waste to me.

http://writemeg.com/2011/12/21/home-alone-wisdom-or-why-you-should-go-ahead-and-use-those-crayons-or-wear-the-rollerblades/

Bird Lady: I’m just afraid if I do trust someone, I’ll get my heart broken.

Kevin: I understand. I had a nice pair of Rollerblades. I was afraid to wreck them, so I kept them in a box. Do you know what happened? I outgrew them. I never wore them outside. Only in my room a few times.

Bird Lady: A person’s heart and feelings are very different than skates.

Kevin: They’re kind of the same thing. If you won’t use your heart, who cares if it gets broken? If you just keep it to yourself, maybe it’ll be like my Rollerblades. When you do decide to try it, it won’t be any good. You should take a chance. Got nothing to lose.