By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I loved the game, but I agree. Repetitiveness kicks in hard. I never thought I'd say this, but despite how much I hate it, Peace Walker had more variety and charm in its missions. They had plenty of room to do some awesome things, but ultimately they played it too safe after the first chapter.

Around the Network

I quite liked the game but the second chapter is pretty lacking i'll admit. I didn't mind it too much but it is a problem.they could have done a lot of things but they chose to repeat older missions which is a tragedy

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I don't know how you made it to 50. I couldn't make it past 15.

You didn't enjoy The Witcher 3? :o

Versus_Evil said:
 Seriously some of the shit in MGS5 is so cringe worthy bad, im ashamed i 100% the game.

Like, for example?

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I don't know how you made it to 50. I couldn't make it past 15.

I kept playing. Thats it.

daredevil.shark said:

I kept playing. Thats it.

That's what I'm saying. I lost all motivation to keep playing by 15. That how much I wasn't enjoying my time with it.

I pretty much agree with OP here. The actual gameplay is brilliant but when you play the same thing over and over and over and over again it becomes boring. I havnt sold the game yet as I'm hoping I'll want to come back to it but at the moment the repetitive gameplay has exhausted itself with me. It's probably my second worst metal gear game I've played. Seriously over hyped reviews.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Well the true ending is from episode 46. Playing beyond that isn't worth while unless you really just wanna play more.

My advice to new players is just focus on the required content (any episodes, side-ops, and cassette tapes colored yellow). Doing all the side content and higher difficult repeat missions will drive you crazy.

I agree the game does get tedious and some missions are a chore. But hey, its MGS. What did you expect?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wright said:
Versus_Evil said:
 Seriously some of the shit in MGS5 is so cringe worthy bad, im ashamed i 100% the game.

Like, for example?

Well i actually liked the game but I admit the game can get painfully repetive. But most games that are well above 10 hours get tedious in my opinion.

That's the primary reason I stopped playing JRPGs. MGSV actually has good gameplay so that kept me going.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)