By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Chris Hu said:
I beat MGS, MGS Twin Snakes, MGS2, and MGS4. Out of those I dislike MGS4 the least because it had too many cut scenes and not enough game play. Might try MGS V eventually but not anytime soon.

You know, MGS4 was a disappointment for me for the same reason.  It wasn't a bad game.  At times, it was quite brilliant.  It just took a lot of chances and failed at a few and, like you, the cut scenes were a little bit too much for me.  Or, a lot too much.  I don't know.  I was really happy to find that MGSV was going to focus more on gameplay but I guess those constant cutscenes were the motivation between the gameplay.  

Maybe they didn't get the balance right.  Maybe I don't know what the hell I want, anymore.  

Around the Network
Wright said:

You quoted the wrong person bud.

My bad.

This is why reviews are a joke rating this game so high and calling it a masterpiece when Kojima screwed up the history of the franchise as well. Glad I skipped it and it should not have been made in the first place.

Abun said:
This is why reviews are a joke rating this game so high and calling it a masterpiece when Kojima screwed up the history of the franchise as well. Glad I skipped it and it should not have been made in the first place.

You always say the same, but I wonder why are you hesitant on playing it. Afraid you might end up loving it?

Really you watched the ending on youtube? maybe youre to be blamed if you cant beat a game?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Chris Hu said:
I beat MGS, MGS Twin Snakes, MGS2, and MGS4. Out of those I dislike MGS4 the least because it had too many cut scenes and not enough game play. Might try MGS V eventually but not anytime soon.

You know, MGS4 was a disappointment for me for the same reason.  It wasn't a bad game.  At times, it was quite brilliant.  It just did a lot of things and failed and, like you, the cut scenes were a little bit too much.  Or, a lot too much.  I don't know.  I was really happy to find that MGSV was going to focus more on gameplay but I guess those constant cutscenes were the motivation between the gameplay.  

Maybe they didn't get the balance right.  Maybe I don't know what the hell I want, anymore.  

All MGS games had the same amount of cut scenes or more than MGS4 so I don't get that critisism.MGS4 was a disappointment however since the ending was bad and certain promises were not delivered.That whole Johnny and Meril thing was just horrible too.

Ruler said:
Really you watched the ending on youtube? maybe youre to be blamed if you cant beat a game?

After facing so many great bosses in Peace Walker I expected more. One decent boss in MGS V PP. And I have to repeat it over and over again? Nope. Its not my cup of tea.

I haven't tried MGS5 yet but if you got dissapointed with TW3 as well then I guess you are really hard to impress because TW3 is my favorite game this gen so far. Hope you find that game that inmerse you as you are hoping to.

Abun said:

Its not screwing up the story, at the end of the ending cutscene they are giving you the timeline and pretty much telling whats happening. 

Wright said:
Abun said:

You always say the same, but I wonder why are you hesitant on playing it. Afraid you might end up loving it?

Ibought Ground Zeroes and did not like it.I never liked the change to regenrating health,I don't like swapping weapons instea dof having the weapon tree,I don't like how there is too much clutter on the screen,I don't like the fact that he went open envrionment which adds nothing to MGS and I don't like what I saw and know about MGS5.I want to preserve the memories I have with MGS2 and MGS3.